Coach P's test grades: | The Boneyard

Coach P's test grades:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) Recruiting? Obviously, too early to say.

2) Is his team disciplined? Fail.

3) Passing game. Not good, but showing a pulse....

4) Running game. Not good, but tough when (3) is nonexistent-let's see...

5) Kickoff coverage? Fail.

6) Kick return? Fail.

7) Punt Return? Fail.

8) Punt coverage? Push.

9) Ability to keep a group together when things aren't going well? TBD....losing 3 fourth quarter leads, 2 at home. Losing to a MAC team missing 3 OL starters....great test coming up as to how well the team gets behind him and plays in the next few weeks.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
WVU will win by at least 24.

Reaction Score
2) Is his team disciplined? Fail.

Most frustrating part of this game. Showboating, Late Hits, blown assignments. Ridiculous. Cut out the high stepping "Hey Look at Me!" garbage. You want to celebrate, go high five the lineman that blocked for you. Go pat the qb on the back.

Learn your assignments. Play disciplined. And play with class. Not much to ask. Thats what I want to see the rest of the way.

That part of the team's performance was utterly embarrassing. Its a two way street too. I blame the players, and I most certainly blame the coaches.

Reaction Score
WVU will win by at least 24.

I thought they looked scary in their loss to LSU. I can't imagine. First Big East game of the year at Morgantown against a team that now seems to have a firm grasp of Dana Holgerson's offense. Oh yeah, and their running back ran for almost 300 yards today. Gulp . . .

zls44

Reaction Score
I love showboating and high stepping. Know why?

Because it means that the UConn players did something great. It's like complaining about how cute your cheerleader girlfriend is because of her gum flavor.

Let them showboat all day.

Reaction Score
Most frustrating part of this game. Showboating, Late Hits, blown assignments. Ridiculous. Cut out the high stepping "Hey Look at Me!" garbage. You want to celebrate, go high five the lineman that blocked for you. Go pat the qb on the back.

Learn your assignments. Play disciplined. And play with class. Not much to ask. Thats what I want to see the rest of the way.

That part of the team's performance was utterly embarrassing. Its a two way street too. I blame the players, and I most certainly blame the coaches.
Agreed. I can get behind a team that works their butts off and is simply limited in terms of ability. I have a tougher time with them being undisciplined-unacceptable in terms of trying to be a successful team. McCombs makes me nervous-gets nailed for pot (selfish), then pulls that BS on the TD play (refs chose not to enforce the rule that they are supposed to enforce-that should have been called back). Not saying he is a horrible kid, but these are red flags in my book.

Reaction Score

Because it means that the UConn players did something great. It's like complaining about how cute your cheerleader girlfriend is because of her gum flavor.

I like touchdowns and players scoring and handing the ball to the ref or high fiving their teammates. You know why? Because it means UCONN players did something great.

Give me Barry Sanders over Terrel Owens all day.

Reaction Score

Great plays show you did something great. Showboating says you acted like a jackass. No more, no less than that. That says to me you are a player who doesn't have 100% focus on the job at hand. All he did on that particular play was catch a lobbed ball and not trip on his way to the endzone. I wonder how much attention he called to himself a couple weeks ago when he dropped not one, but TWO passes out of the flat in a UCONN loss? I think I know the answer to my last question.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I can get behind a team that works their butts off and is simply limited in terms of ability.

Exactly. Show me effort. Play disciplined ball. Not every kid has a ton of ability, but you earn respect by knowing your responsibilities, always hustling, and playing the game the way it should be played. I know it is cliche, and it might be the former coach in me, but it is really how I feel.

Reaction Score
And just to add, I love to see emotion. Dan Davis is one of my favorite players to ever play at UCONN because of his selflessness (agreed to play out of position to help the team), and his intensity. He didn't do a hula dance after a big play, he went right to his teammates and slapped their helmets. Heck, I used to see him slapping his own helmet because he was so fired up. I could hear his screams when I was sitting in the nosebleeds.

Reaction Score
TO is one of the 10 greatest WR in NFL history, so, uh, I'll take either.

I think you know what I meant. Two all time greats, one had class, one didn't. I understand your position, class doesn't mean anything to you as long as your team gets a win. I just disagree. It happens.

zls44

Reaction Score
I think you know what I meant. Two all time greats, one had class, one didn't. I understand your position, class doesn't mean anything to you as long as your team gets a win. I just disagree. It happens.

Actually, I'm normally on your side. It's just that they're so damn far from having anything good enough to showboat over that I'm open to it right now.

Reaction Score
Actually, I'm normally on your side. It's just that they're so damn far from having anything good enough to showboat over that I'm open to it right now.

Oh I agree that this offense is making me ill.

Reaction Score
this is a 100 percent Coach P & staff fail. I was hoping P would be Marv Levy circa 1990 (written off as too old to coach). But I'm afraid the P is for passive. At least Levy had life on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
I predict he won't be around at the end of the season. Need a young coach to put some life into this team and give us some hope. Somebody similar to Skip Holtz down at USF.

Reaction Score
Is it possible if we bring in JC maybe Mike Ditka? to teach P the fundamentals in yelling at a ref or tearing players a new butthole.

:p

Reaction Score
Oh I agree that this offense is making me ill.

This game was lost on specials and defense. You might be able to pin some on the last absurd fumble, but other than that just look at total yards for WMU - Bad! We have almost nothing in the offensive backfield after the departure of Todman and Frey and Sherms, our WR's are OK but not money, and the O-Line has been inconsistent in the new system. Yet we put points up and lose. Our best player is probably our TE and he coughs it up and drops others tonight. We couldn't stop them and they deserve credit, but it's not on our offense.

P doesn't get a pass here. He can't punt or kick the ball himself and maybe they should just swap jobs after the kicking disaster. It's a fine line sometimes, but their passing game killed us.

Reaction Score
Coach P must go by end of year. This is not the guy to build a program around. Been saying since game one - no leadership, no discipline, disorganization, poor execution, no team play... A real cluster.

I'd rather invest my season tickets and time in the stands on a hopeful (even if painful) motivating younger coach with some fire, innovation, leadership and discipline. Not because CT is his dream job, because coaching and building a BCS level program is living the dream. As frustrating and problematic as edsall was, we never see what we saw. He had tight, disciplined teams that were motivated smash mouth players.

Ok- done with this week's rant.

Reaction Score
And for people calling for Coach P's head this early. Really? 4 games in? Say we get a brand new young coach and he has the same start, you will be as critical.

I will definitely give Coach P. some time. He hasn't even had his first recruiting class here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom