Coach Mora on Sirius-XM | The Boneyard

Coach Mora on Sirius-XM

Reaction Score
Just listened to it on ESPNU.. off campus with mark packer. Coach Mora is a great coach and we are lucky he came to UConn. we are fortunate to have a coach who’s so highly respected. I can’t remember when anyone of this level was interested in talking to a UConn football coach in a while!
Great listen and if you missed it you can replay

Reaction Score
Great interview. Spoke about how he talked to a number of UConn related people during or after the interview process: UConn officials, the Governor, business leaders, football alums... and all said they want to do whatever it takes to make people proud of UConn football.

Some other tidbits:

ST goal is to become competitive and the wins will come.

LT goal: to get UConn football back to being a really good and well regarded football team. Pointed to the team during Randy 1.0

Has spent a lot of time in Connecticut during his time at ESPN. Also toured UConn and facilities a few years ago. so he was pretty familiar before the interview process.

Didn't think the team has given up and he was encouraged by how they handled themselves during the Clemson game.

Recruiting footprint: talked about Northeast, PA, DMV, Florida

Transfer portal: national. Will look at players from anywhere.

Loved having dinner with Geno.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Nice to have a coach who can minimize the use of "uh" and "you know" in an interview.

Mora always sounds so upbeat and relaxed. But I guess that's easy to do when you haven't officially started yet..lol.

Seriously...nice to have a well spoken respected coach.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Great interview. Spoke about how he talked to a number of UConn related people during or after the interview process: UConn officials, the Governor, business leaders, football alums... and all said they want to do whatever it takes to make people proud of UConn football.

Some other tidbits:

ST goal is to become competitive and the wins will come.

LT goal: to get UConn football back to being a really good and well regarded football team. Pointed to the team during Randy 1.0

Has spent a lot of time in Connecticut during his time at ESPN. Also toured UConn and facilities a few years ago. so he was pretty familiar before the interview process.

Didn't think the team has given up and he was encouraged by how they handled themselves during the Clemson game.

Recruiting footprint: talked about Northeast, PA, DMV, Florida

Transfer portal: national. Will look at players from anywhere.

Loved having dinner with Geno.
Talked to football alums and didn't talk to Dan O. Well that's interesting. I would have to assume Benedict didn't line up that call because Dan called him a schmuck.

Reaction Score
Talked to football alums and didn't talk to Dan O. Well that's interesting. I would have to assume Benedict didn't line up that call because Dan called him a schmuck.
He never said he didn’t talk to Dan O. Why would you bring something like that up?

Reaction Score
Dan O was butthurt and tweeted about not having been used in the process.
Honestly I think it was weird he was upset about that. After came out and was publicly upset about Edsall leaving. Uofm doesn’t ask Brady who they should hire to coach they’re team just saying

Reaction Score
Danny was an Edsall guy. He loved Edsall who played a huge role in his life. Nothing wrong with being loyal but it has colored his perspective on the post Edsall era.

Reaction Score
Is there any other way to listen if you don’t have SXM?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah, let's discuss our coaching search with one of ESPN's highest profile college football analysts. I don't understand how people don't get that.

Reaction Score
He has been involved with UConn for 8 days. He can’t talk to everyone day one. He also mentioned speaking with some CT HS coaches after he got the job, but he said he has more to call.

Reaction Score
Mark Packer announced at the start of his afternoon drive show that he will be interviewing Coach Mora at 5 P.M. (ESPNU Radio Channel 84).
I have been monitoring 97.9 FM but have not caught much on Mora yet. Will try to find ESPNU , Is it available via Iheart radio or Pandora or only The Internets!! .

Reaction Score
thanks for the link - he is very good extemporaneous speaking. Great points great listening skill great football vision

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
He has been involved with UConn for 8 days. He can’t talk to everyone day one. He also mentioned speaking with some CT HS coaches after he got the job, but he said he has more to call.
We are talking about who he talked to during the hiring process. I and sure at some point he will talk to Orlovsky. Especially since I think they know each other from ESPN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom