Coach K talks about why 16 teams in the ACC makes sense... | The Boneyard

Coach K talks about why 16 teams in the ACC makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gene DeFlipper pointedly stated that Coach K's and Duke's AD (who sits on the expansion committee) positions on expansion were irrelevant. I guess we'll find out sometime who wields more power.

Reaction Score
It's funny. Not long before we won our third NC, I stopped disliking Coach K.

Then, after they won, I started to like him a little.

Then he talked about Calhoun positively and had him on his program, I liked him even more.

This just increases this. I mean, he has to be advocating for UConn and his pal JC, right?

Reaction Score
It's funny. Not long before we won our third NC, I stopped disliking Coach K.

Then, after they won, I started to like him a little.

Then he talked about Calhoun positively and had him on his program, I liked him even more.

This just increases this. I mean, he has to be advocating for UConn and his pal JC, right?

He is a coach not the president or AD at Duke. Much like Uconn, Duke BB is king but while his opinion matters, he does not have the vote. The president might have access to other information that warrants keeping the ACC at 14 for now. Maybe Duke is the only school that wanted 16 now. Every school is looking out for its own self interest. That K wants 16 teams is great but the addition of 2 more teams to the ACC is not coming anytime soon. If they wanted 16 now, they would have done it. Much like if they wanted to have Uconn in the league with 14 schools, it would have happened.

Reaction Score
He is a coach not the president or AD at Duke. Much like Uconn, Duke BB is king but while his opinion matters, he does not have the vote. The president might have access to other information that warrants keeping the ACC at 14 for now. Maybe Duke is the only school that wanted 16 now. Every school is looking out for its own self interest. That K wants 16 teams is great but the addition of 2 more teams to the ACC is not coming anytime soon. If they wanted 16 now, they would have done it. Much like if they wanted to have Uconn in the league with 14 schools, it would have happened.

Certain coaches wield more power than ADs. K. is one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Coach K comments strike me as a direct rebuttal of Flipper. To sum it up in a sentence "No Gene, it was about basketball." I wonder if the dismissive comments by Mean Gene will give Coach K a little more motivation to lobby for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
the world is so unfair. why wont it let me just dislike flipper AND ratty?!

Reaction Score
Certain coaches wield more power than ADs. K. is one.

And Calhoun is another. Bobby Knight was supposed to be one of those too. So you have one coach/school openly in favor of 16 right now. I'm sure in K's mind it would be 2 divisions called the ACC and the BE with one division having the true schools and the other the intruders. He would get back his beloved home and homes with the true ACC teams. If there was support for 16 in the ACC right now, there would be 4 teams invited instead of 2.

Reaction Score
haha like this quote “Any time I hear the word ‘pods,’ it makes me want to vomit. I see two divisions, but you have to be careful about splitting up your brand too much and regionalizing within your region. The pods, I mean, I think is one of the worst business models. . . . I just break out in a rash when I hear it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom