Coach K on UConn | The Boneyard

Coach K on UConn

Reaction Score
“I hate when people say there are no blue bloods in the final four. You have to be kidding me…since 1999 they’ve won 4 national championships. Maybe give them a different color but they’re certainly at the level of the few teams you say are blue bloods.”
- Krzyzewski

Reaction Score
“I hate when people say there are no blue bloods in the final four. You have to be kidding me…since 1999 they’ve won 4 national championships. Maybe give them a different color but they’re certainly at the level of the few teams you say are blue bloods.”
- Krzyzewski
He can’t jinx us. We’ve neutered him as far as we’re concerned.

Reaction Score
Calhoun, K, Boeheim, Wright and other long-termers, have a lot of basketball wisdom. Each has forgotten more than we will ever know. There should be a podcast extracting that wisdom from these and other coaches.

Hurley (i.e. UConn) is fortunate that his father is among the legends.

Reaction Score
Coach K and coach Calhoun are legends of their time together on several championships teams and games. I have nothing but respect for Duke and coach K. I will always remember Moore stopping Langdon for the UConn championship game. What a game, what a finish.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not listening to the clip but I do know last week I was driving to work and heard Coach K on one of the sports talk shows. He was very complimentary towards UConn as a program and what it's accomplished and complimentary towards Hurley as a coach. You could tell he had a working knowledge of UConn beyond prepping 5 minutes before the interview.

By the end I actually wished he was the kind of rat they only used for humane studies in a lab and not for really nasty rat studies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
- Krzyzewski

I was offended by this! We are blue also!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

^^Great stuff from coach K about UConn at the 20:15 mark. He really knows this team and puts to rest any blue blood nonsense.

At around 8:05, the old fashioned point guard just doesn't exist or is an extinct animal. Wish some here would take that message to heart.

Reaction Score
At around 8:05, the old fashioned point guard just doesn't exist or is an extinct animal. Wish some here would take that message to heart.
Generally agree, with tweak that it is now a rare animal like a white tiger. More specifically Nowell is a true PG -yet anyone with NBA aspirations playing guard knows you have to be able to shoot, score at rim & pass, probably in that order.

Reaction Score
He didn't mention any UConn players by name, but I thought it was interesting that the only player he specifically referenced and complimented was Clingan (he called him "their big backup center" or something like that). High, high praise for Donovan.

Reaction Score
I mean, we took 2 of his prospective championships. He should be offering high praise for us.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Imagine if someone had told you 33 years ago that UConn would be on verge of potentially winning a 5th Championship in 25 years, that Bobby Hurley would be behind the UConn bench at the Final Four cheering on UConn, and that Coach K would be leading the media campaign for UConn as one of the elite programs in College Basketball history.

The only thing left on this crazy train would be if a CTE and Concussion research foundation was founded by a partnership between Rod Sellers and Christian Laettner.:D

....although I bet if you got Bobby Hurley drunk and talking at the bar, we could get him to admit that he was slightly jealous of Rod Sellers getting to Laettner before him. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom