Coach K. on combining the Big East with the ACC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coach K. on combining the Big East with the ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think about what's happened since the ACC went against everything it stood for academically and added Louisville over UConn:

FSU wins a national championship in football with Clemson also having serious success
Notre Dame is added as a partial member adding more football cache (at least in appearance)
UConn wins yet another basketball championship
UConn adds the top football assistant in the country two years ago to show serious football commitment
Charlie Strong leaves Louisville
Teddy Bridgewater leaves Louisville
Slimeball Bobby Petrino rejoins Louisville

I tend to think if the ACC knew then what it knows now, that UConn would win the vote over Louisville.

Instead the ACC sold it's academic soul to the devil.

This morning they leave the dorm room with high heels in hand, hair a mess, hoping no one in the B1G is watching what just happened to a conference that used to love to pimp out how important academics is.

Reaction Score
Also, here's hoping that someone in the CT media will do the job and ask Coach K some interesting questions in the day(s) leading up to the UConn / Duke game.

Reaction Score
I think the thing that stood out the most to me was K's unwillingness to mention Pitino at all……..always talking brand and fans but nothing about "great coaching"!!

Reaction Score
I appreciate the sentiment but I don't agree. Keep in mind that UConn is still getting it's share of Big East exit fee money. When that ends our current precarious situation becomes impossible. Ultimately we won't be able to keep up with the arms race.

Fair enough

Reaction Score
Coach K vs Chimp K (Kazmir)…………below you will see K eating leaves prior to getting skull f*-*ed by Kazmir (we ended it prior to the skull duck*king for the weak of stomach)

What about this one?

Reaction Score
Did anyone ever consider that the power conferances don't actually want to invite a team that will wipe the floor with them year in and out. They act like they want that but they really don't.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is better off not being in the ACC. UConn is now unique, the Big East schools that join the ACC are more likely to fall in to mediocrity. Case and point Boston College
Mediocrity for BC started long before they joined the ACC; the year after Flutie graduated last century.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What about this one?

That can't be real. Is it? If so, that's one of the most insane things I've ever seen.

Bear in mind I've had to watch it with the sound off.

Reaction Score
Mediocrity for BC started long before they joined the ACC; the year after Flutie graduated last century.

Lets be honest, they were pretty good under Jim O'Brien, elite eight in 94 and won the Big East Tournament in 97.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Think about what's happened since the ACC went against everything it stood for academically and added Louisville over UConn...

I tend to think if the ACC knew then what it knows now, that UConn would win the vote over Louisville.

Instead the ACC sold it's academic soul to the devil.

This morning they leave the dorm room with high heels in hand, hair a mess, hoping no one in the B1G is watching what just happened to a conference that used to love to pimp out how important academics is.

harvey_nichols_walk_of_shame.jpg

Reaction Score
Lets be honest, they were pretty good under Jim O'Brien, elite eight in 94 and won the Big East Tournament in 97.

I'm guessing Danzz was referring to football, BC was a basket away from the elite eight the year they left the Big East. Clearly, the transition to the ACC has been very harmful in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom