Coach Geno Auriemma - UConn WBB - Availability | The Boneyard

Coach Geno Auriemma - UConn WBB - Availability

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
5:10. Ice's injury…He says it was non-contact. He did mention a prior knee issue, but seemed to brush that off as a contributing factor.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So much to unpack.

Some of my eyebrow raisers

Geno looks great.

Who is the recruit we are going after who is a dual sport player *basketball / softball) I see asked already.

Alot of Aubrey stuff. Did not like to hear she mimic's Larry Bird's off court stretching tortures.

Was surprised to hear Geno (and quoting the UMass coach) talk about Piath needing to get things together if she is to help UMass. I don't get what it is about her game that seems to drive coaches nuts.

Love Azzi saying she will ask Steph questions about the PG position.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Was surprised to hear Geno (and quoting the UMass coach) talk about Piath needing to get things together if she is to help UMass. I don't get what it is about her game that seems to drive coaches nuts.
Not anything we could see watching her play a few minutes in some games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not anything we could see watching her play a few minutes in some games.
Which naturally leads to "What is she doing in practice that makes coaches shake their heads? "
Hoping she can maximize her physical gifts which are plentiful. Of course, a natural segue to Amari. :oops:

Reaction Score
Geno says they're recruiting one of the best if not the best player in the country who also plays softball. Any idea who that might be? @Sluconn Husky @CocoHusky @BobbyJ Might not necessarily be a 2024 kid.

I know that was true of 2023's Mikaylah Williams.
Don't know if she fits this description but who knows. It might be Auriemma's opinion for her position. I know she's really good at BB and I'd be recruiting her. I think she's the best combo G in the '24 class.

SportsRecruits | Britt Prince

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno says they're recruiting one of the best if not the best player in the country who also plays softball. Any idea who that might be? @Sluconn Husky @CocoHusky @BobbyJ Might not necessarily be a 2024 kid.

I know that was true of 2023's Mikaylah Williams.
The reference to a two sport athlete was to raise the question of young HS kids who play the same sport year round and how that may be a contributing factor to injuries as in Ice’s case. Quite frankly, it’s something I had considered relative to both Ice & Paige’s injuries.

Back in the dark ages I played 3 sports in HS. That was not uncommon at the time for many HS athletes. Nowadays, more and more athletes play one sport year round. For top HS basketball players like Paige or Ice, practice starts in November, the HS season is followed by AAU ball, with tournaments, national teams, etc. running into the summer.

Specifically relative to Ice, we’re talking about a big girl who runs the court well. Over the course of the past several years, year round basketball had to result in a lot of wear and tear on her legs. Not sure what the answer is. Ice’s focus on basketball earned her a scholarship to her dream school.

Reaction Score
Anyone else have a hard time hearing over the cameraman’s heavy breathing?? Anyways, good interview.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom