Coach Edsall Radio Show - Wednesday's @ 6p from Grille86 in Storrs Center | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coach Edsall Radio Show - Wednesday's @ 6p from Grille86 in Storrs Center

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I had no issues with the link posted here.

Reaction Score
Maybe when it ages in a few years but still new... it's not a Ted's/Huskies.
huskies isn't even huskies anymore! was shocked when I heard that. it's going to take decades of urine, vomit, and spilled booze to make that place smell right.

Reaction Score
I think we missed pretty much all discussions about the offense, which is a shame. Hoping a replay will be available.

The replay is already up on UConnHuskies.com under HuskyVision (I forget if something like this is considered behind a paywall). I generally don't post stuff that people are expected to pay for, but in this instance since there were technical difficulties on UConn's part I can post on YouTube after work tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Has anyone been there yet?

We moved our soph in yesterday. Stopped there. Not great, but still working out kinks. Nachos were weird. Nice set-up. I'll go back once they've settled in a bit.

Reaction Score
The replay is already up on UConnHuskies.com under HuskyVision (I forget if something like this is considered behind a paywall). I generally don't post stuff that people are expected to pay for, but in this instance since there were technical difficulties on UConn's part I can post on YouTube after work tomorrow.

@Storrs South that would be great as I couldn't find it on the channel it was suppose to broadcast on and missed it!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Bummed that they have this behind a pay wall. Not sure why the coach's show can't be free access. Tried to listen to it last night, but no luck.

Speaking of pay wall, what does a subscription to HuskyVision cost? Anyone know? I can't find the details anywhere. Anyone a subscriber? Worth it?

Reaction Score
Bummed that they have this behind a pay wall. Not sure why the coach's show can't be free access. Tried to listen to it last night, but no luck.

Speaking of pay wall, what does a subscription to HuskyVision cost? Anyone know? I can't find the details anywhere. Anyone a subscriber? Worth it?

$10/month I believe. It's too much (should be free quite frankly) but I use it from time to time for occasions such as this.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Edsall is speaking at the middlesex county chamber of commerce this morning. Isn't this the annual venue where disastro has delivered some of his most ridiculous quotes, most notablely the 'fishcake' story?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here's the full show from yesterday

Thanks! So I have been listening to the Coaches show this morning and are my take aways:

• This may shock some, but Edsall declared Ryan Van Demark as the #1 swing man back up for the OT position rather than Vechery. Ryan will play LT or RT as the #1 back up if either go down.
  • For the Guard position, Nino is the #1 back up rather than Hashemi. Nino will play RG or LG if either 1st stringers go down.
  • In his discussion about the RBs, he was quick to say that Newsome really put the work in this summer to improve and that we will see Mensah playing special teams. He also seem to make a point of not talking about Vickers as he did talk Thompson and Hopkins.
  • The WR corp is deep.... While he made it sound like its a good problem to have (and it is), he said its not clear just how they will use those tall WR - Davis, D. Williams and McClean who are battling it out as the guys to supplement Hergy, Beals and Skanes. He also mentioned Donaldson as being solid and that Dixon has some things to iron out, but he is doing well.
  • For the TE, Bloom has improved his blocking, Myers has shed some weight to improve mobility, Rose is learning the position well. Edsall seemed excited about Fitton's future, but he also said he will redshirt this year (which makes total sense).
  • Edsall had high praise for Coyle, called him probably the best athlete on the entire team. That is real good news IMHO.
  • He also said Swann is the #1 swing man corner at this point with Tahj Herring-Wilson right behind him. Swenson is also looking good at CR behind Swan, same with Fortt behind Coyle at Safety.
  • Edsall is rather confident that Swann is up for punt returning task. Seems to be naturally ready for the responsibility.
  • Diggs should be back for sure after USF, but maybe before. He said Diggs has really come on as a strong leader this summer.
  • He mentioned that Beavers could be someone that really turns into a special player in time at LB.
  • It seemed to me that Edsall was emphasizing good special teams play as a ticket to playing time for the freshman and #2 & #3 guys where they might have a log jam. My take is that if guys like Fortt, D. Williams, McClean or Davis play well on special teams they will be rewarded with getting preference for more snaps. Sounds like an excellent way to motivate special teams play.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I watched for 20 minutes before realizing Randy wasn't coming on for a while. Interesting update on the Durham Fair! Great job by Randy.

Reaction Score
Summers sounds a little like a diva. RE joked that he's gone 6 days without any incidents. You would've thought last year would have humbled him heading into this season.

Reaction Score
How we defense the run should be interesting given our injuries at LB. I think teams will want to test that before testing our athletes in the defensive backfield. Interested to see if Thompson will contribute at RB. He didn't look bad when given the chance last year and we could use a 3rd wheel given the pace of the offense.

Reaction Score
Great story about RE ended up in Detroit!!! "We just never know"!!!! I laughed when he said not 1 but 5 super bowls!!! " Call me back when you get the job!!!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom