Coach Edsall Radio Show - Wednesday's @ 6p from Grille86 in Storrs Center | The Boneyard

Coach Edsall Radio Show - Wednesday's @ 6p from Grille86 in Storrs Center

Reaction Score
How did we get a sports bar from a University of Florida football alum? Why no former Huskies?

Reaction Score
How did we get a sports bar from a University of Florida football alum? Why no former Huskies?

Takes two to tango... I'm sure that if a Husky (outside of Auriemma) wanted to invest in a restaurant in Storrs Center - they surely could have.

Not to mention Reed is a CT native...

Reaction Score
A University of Florida football alum from CT (and/or his business partners) connected with some investors in Connecticut, and we got a sports bar out of it. You're a smart guy, it's not that hard to figure out.

Reaction Score
So WTIC am is or is not going to air it live?

Side note: They need to lose the schlep that comes on at 3pm. 6 straight hours of political talk is too much and then your going to add that idiot for 3 more? If I'm in the area I listen to TIC up til 9am. Then it's time for some jazz(or anything but the BLAH BLAH, BLAH that is talk radio and/or so called main stream TV news) and there is plenty to be found in the Hartford/Springfield area. What happened to "Sports Talk"? If Joe Blow D'Ambrosio doesn't want to do it anymore all the better. How about a male and female co anchor from 5 till whenever the game starts. Maybe a former UConn female athlete that is known and loveed to shoulder half of the sports talk team. It'd be nice and unique to hear from the fairer sex on all things sports.

Reaction Score

"The Coach's Show is scheduled to air most Wednesday’s throughout the fall and can be heard on WTIC NewsTalk 1080."

Reaction Score
"The Coach's Show is scheduled to air most Wednesday’s throughout the fall and can be heard on WTIC NewsTalk 1080."
Thanks. I was hoping it would but when TIC abandoned sports talk in the afternoons in favor of more nonsensical political banter I got a little worried.

C

Chief00

Side note: They need to lose the schlep that comes on at 3pm. 6 straight hours of political talk is too much and then your going to add that idiot for 3 more? If I'm in the area I listen to TIC up til 9am. Then it's time for some jazz(or anything but the BLAH BLAH, BLAH that is talk radio and/or so called main stream TV news) and there is plenty to be found in the Hartford/Springfield area. What happened to "Sports Talk"? If Joe Blow D'Ambrosio doesn't want to do it anymore all the better. How about a male and female co anchor from 5 till whenever the game starts. Maybe a former UConn female athlete that is known and loveed to shoulder half of the sports talk team. It'd be nice and unique to hear from the fairer sex on all things sports.

The reason Joe D's show is off the air was the ratings were poor.

C

Chief00

Show was poorly setup. Never got into a flow because of all the traffic and weather updates.

They didn't effectively engaged enough callers. You may not like the politics of the current guy Todd, who deals with all the same traffic/weather interruptions - but he is much more of a broadcast professional and pushes the right buttons to often get good call volume.

Reaction Score
Has anyone been there yet?

It's an option if in the area. What we ate was pretty good (not great but not bad - I'd go back just for a double order of the Mussels fra Diavolo). Still looking to hit its stride...

Reaction Score
It's an option if in the area. What we ate was pretty good (not great but not bad - I'd go back just for a double order of the Mussels fra Diavolo). Still looking to hit its stride...

Is it a place students can go drink or get a bite to eat or is it meant to be "upscale" from the student market?

Reaction Score
The menu has variety, but I never like menus with no prices. There's a reason for that.
The prices are out there and not that bad...

020.jpg

Reaction Score
They didn't effectively engaged enough callers. You may not like the politics of the current guy Todd, who deals with all the same traffic/weather interruptions - but he is much more of a broadcast professional and pushes the right buttons to often get good call volume.
A couple weeks ago I tuned into Todd for a bit and he continually took a contrary view to EVERY caller, obviously trying to play it off as devil's advocate but it was so freakin annoying that I had to turn it off. If you consider that a broadcast professional pushing the right buttons I don't know what to tell you. It didn't sound very professional to me. I t sounded annoying and sophomoric.

Reaction Score
ugh when will Matt S replace Joe D for this event? Matt S is much more tuned in with the boneyard and fans on twitter than Joe D. Much rather see Matt S take this stage forward

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom