Coach Crockett | The Boneyard

Coach Crockett

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It was great to see Willnett today. She and Nykesha shared a warm hug before the game. They never played together but the sisterhood abides.

Will was very active and vocal from the bench. She was actively coaching her players up. You go Will!

451D6138-42C9-4D34-9C4F-D94CDB96A6CC.jpeg

Reaction Score
It was great to see Willnett today. She and Nykesha shared a warm hug before the game. They never played together but the sisterhood abides.

Will was very active and vocal from the bench. She was actively coaching her players up. You go Will!

Given that Will was known for, um, let's just say "not giving sufficient effort in practice," I wonder what it's like to be a coach now.

Reaction Score

View attachment 40070
I wrote in another thread about Barbara Turner's toughness in her final Uconn game against Duke--In that game Willnet scored to begin that game against Bales and for most of the first half tasked Bales in the post. One Of Will's best games if not her best. Glad to see she is still coaching BB after the assistant job in Philly.

Reaction Score
Given that Will was known for, um, let's just say "not giving sufficient effort in practice," I wonder what it's like to be a coach now.
Geno always says of himself that he wasn’t very attentive to practice in his playing days. Sometimes coaches who didn’t put in the effort make the best teachers of effort.

Reaction Score
I wrote in another thread about Barbara Turner's toughness in her final Uconn game against Duke--In that game Willnet scored to begin that game against Bales and for most of the first half tasked Bales in the post. One Of Will's best games if not her best. Glad to see she is still coaching BB after the assistant job in Philly.
Willnett still is at Temple. Nan evidently went to the UCF - Temple game, good fan that she is.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Willnett still is at Temple. Nan evidently went to the UCF - Temple game, good fan that she is.
Yep, still at Temple. That’s Tonya Cardoza scowling at her players, seated on a stool to Will’s left

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
For me, Willnett's signature moment was in the national semi-final against Texas
when her big rebound in the closing seconds basically killed Texas' chances.
Also when she threw herself on the ground vs Tenn? to keep the ball in play on an important possession

On edit - this game, where DT hit a crazy 3/4 court three pointer. Will’s play is mentioned

NO. 3 UCONN 63, NO. 5 TENNESSEE 62 (OT)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom