Coach’s show tonight at 6pm | The Boneyard

Coach’s show tonight at 6pm

Reaction Score
Nika, Azzi, and Aubrey are still not ready to go. :(
sad to say but this covid delay has its positives.........hopefully UConn is healing while missing a tough Depaul team..........a UConn loss might have pushed them out of the Top Twenty........

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I got on a little late for the broadcast but listened to almost all of it.

Game on Friday is questionable.

Geno said Nika has been out on the floor a bit, and they hope to ramp that up day by day, but the clear implication is that the other two haven`t been on the floor yet. None of the three is ready yet.

I like Bob Joyce but I wish he had pressed Geno more on the health of those three beyond that.

The discussion about Paige suggests to me at least, reading a bit between the lines, that Geno is looking for her to be back this season. Says Paige is involved and has been more vocal from the sidelines.

He was displeased over the lack of help for Caroline in fourth quarter against Louisville, and the bad play generally in fourth quarter of the three losses. Not enough people responding. Feels we will win our share if we keep putting ourselves in those situations.

Geno spoke about Caroline`s mental toughness, saw it early on in the recruiting process. Also noted she is sneaky long - keeps ball high, gets shot off quickly.

Talked about Harry Perretta as a tv analyst - generally lauded his basketball acumen, but said "hopefully they keep the camera on the court". lol

Never an easy game at Villanova, lots of praise for Siegrist.

Bob asked about Muffet`s comments. "I guess Muffet`s bored", suggested tongue in cheek - well, sort of - that no one listens to Muffet anyway. And said that the ESPN bias might be because "eleven is greater than two". "I`m just glad we don`t go 30 years between championships." Essentially says it is all about winning, if you win a lot people want to watch you. Suggests she is a little lonely and wants to talk to somebody. Wow, really sarcastic, not that that should come as a surprise. But clear he did not appreciate her comments at all. I wonder if Geno`s comments will get any traction in the media.

Caroline was on as well. She is very poised and personable. A lot of the questions from Bob were about her family, including that she has some extended family in Alaska who are going to the Oregon game. Would be cool if brother comes to UConn but wants it to be his decision.

She attributed her scoring against Louisville to the team running the offense, cutting, and hitting open shots. Playing in front of big crowds is exciting and has taken some getting used to but not awestruck (obviously).

High praise for Evina as team leader.

Also played soccer, lacrosse, volleyball growing up. Started getting interest from colleges in middle school.

Reaction Score

Geno said Nika has been out on the floor a bit, and they hope to ramp that up day by day, but the clear implication is that the other two haven`t been on the floor yet. None of the three is ready yet.

I like Bob Joyce but I wish he had pressed Geno more on the health of those three beyond that.

The discussion about Paige suggests to me at least, reading a bit between the lines, that Geno is looking for her to be back this season. Says Paige is involved and has been more vocal from the sidelines.

He was displeased over the lack of help for Caroline in fourth quarter against Louisville, and the bad play generally in fourth quarter of the three losses. Not enough people responding. Feels we will win our share if we keep putting ourselves in those situations.

Geno spoke about Caroline`s mental toughness, saw it early on in the recruiting process. Also noted she is sneaky long - keeps ball high, gets shot off quickly.

Talked about Harry Perretta as a tv analyst - generally lauded his basketball acumen, but said "hopefully they keep the camera on the court". lol

Bob asked about Muffet`s comments. "I guess Muffet`s bored", suggested tongue in cheek - well, sort of - that no one listens to Muffet anyway. And said that the ESPN bias might be because "eleven is greater than two". "I`m just glad we don`t go 30 years between championships." Essentially says it is all about winning, if you win a lot people want to watch you. Suggests she is a little lonely and wants to talk to somebody. Wow, really sarcastic, not that that should come as a surprise. But clear he did not appreciate her comments at all. I wonder if Geno`s comments will get any traction in the media.

Caroline was on as well. She is very poised and personable. A lot of the questions from Bob were about her family, including that she has some extended family in Alaska who are going to the Oregon game. Would be cool if brother comes to UConn but wants it to be his decision.

She attributed her scoring against Louisville to the team running the offense, cutting, and hitting open shots. Playing in front of big crowds is exciting and has taken some getting used to but not awestruck (obviously).

Also played soccer, lacrosse, volleyball growing up. Started getting interest from colleges in middle school.
Of course it will he coaches UCONN and the bias crap has Ben picked up

Reaction Score
Not encouraging to hear that Azzi and Aubrey have not been able to practice a little. This only poses more questions.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Of course it will he coaches UCONN and the bias crap has Ben picked up
Yep, Alexa Philippou of the Courant has already devoted three tweets to it and that is probably just the beginning.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It can be tough to know whether it's better to respond to or ignore drivel such as Muffet's.

But personally, I'm glad he's clapping back. Dale duro, Geno.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Perretta was terrible and irritable on the Villanova-St. John game yesterday. He talked over the announcer and was very self-serving.:confused:

Reaction Score

Appreciate the summary. We all know that Coach Auriemma's comments are going to gain some traction from the media. To be honest, I was waiting for Coach to make a comment about that whole "ESPN bias" bull mess and he did not disappoint. Eleven is greater than two. Awesome!!

Reaction Score
So I guess nothing was said about the general CV situation -- # of players out, # symptomatic cases, etc?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Perretta was terrible and irritable on the Villanova-St. John game yesterday. He talked over the announcer and was very self-serving.:confused:
I think that was the first time he’s done it.

We often complain about how a lot of announcers don’t really know much about the women’s game, so I’m willing to give him some time to settle in if it means someone who knows something is analyzing the game.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
So I guess nothing was said about the general CV situation -- # of players out, # symptomatic cases, etc?
Nope.

We know they need seven healthy, and per Geno none of the three injured can go yet.

So there are eight potentially available and they don`t know as of Monday evening if they will have seven.

I guess you can infer from that at least two of the eight are problematical, but not sure you can infer much more than that.

Maybe Bob was being deferential to Geno or there were privacy concerns, but I wish Bob had probed more about this and about the three injured players. OTOH Geno talked pretty freely about Paige`s rehab situation.

Bob also certainly wasn`t bashful about teeing Muffet`s comments up for Geno, who then proceeded to pull the driver out!

Reaction Score
I don’t think the schools and coaches want to give specifics when it comes to Covid cases. Definitely not names. Whatever contact tracing needs to be done, can be done without us knowing. It’s not an injury report. It a health issue that’s none of our business.

Reaction Score
I don’t think the schools and coaches want to give specifics when it comes to Covid cases. Definitely not names. Whatever contact tracing needs to be done, can be done without us knowing. It’s not an injury report. It a health issue that’s none of our business.
I didnt say we were entitled to know. But I can wonder how everyone is doing, cant I?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
No one is suggesting that names or medical information be divulged.

I`d like to know how many players practiced today, though. Or perhaps when does UConn anticipate being in a position to decide about Friday.

Would Geno have answered either question, if asked? Probably not.

But I think general questions like that could have been asked and do not involve specifics about Covid cases, or names.

Medical privacy is, of course, very important. Nevertheless, I would note that the names of those who are in the Covid protocol do become apparent once a team ends up playing with less than a full roster. For example, we do happen to know the names of a whole bunch of Missouri players who have been out due to Covid protocols, including Aijah Blackwell.

Reaction Score
The team is canceling games due to Covid. What general questions about are left? And what are you going to do with the answers?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The team is canceling games due to Covid. What general questions about are left? And what are you going to do with the answers?
I think people are curious how close they are to making numbers. If one player is still positive, then we’re close and games could potentially happen. If three players are positive, odds are we’re stuck for a while. The men’s team was open with their count, so a lot of folks were hoping the women’s team would be, too.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think people are curious how close they are to making numbers. If one player is still positive, then we’re close and games could potentially happen. If three players are positive, odds are we’re stuck for a while. The men’s team was open with their count, so a lot of folks were hoping the women’s team would be, too.
Not only that, but some teams have reported that some of their players were missing because of Covid problems. Missouri reported that Blackwell did not play because of Covid protocol, and they are not the only team to make that kind of announcement. However, I agree it is not our business who tested positive.

Reaction Score
I thought Nika and Azzi were both expected to be back by the last game that was cancelled. If they don't announce that Nika or Azzi are available yet that gives them some flexibility in deciding on the next game. We have only played 9 games right. Lots of other teams have played 12-15 games. We have dug a real hole for ourselves. We may have to rely on a rule change to even qualify for the tournament at some point, assuming they still have it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom