CO and AZ to B12? | The Boneyard

CO and AZ to B12?

Reaction Score
The most significant reports out today are that CO and AZ will shortly join the B12. If true, and I suspect it is, that means that the PAC 12 media contract negotiations are not going well. It also means that Yormark's Plan A is likely to come to fruition with UT and ASU likely to join too. Thus the recent reports that UConn and Gonzaga would be offered only a basketball only membership. I am guessing that UConn would tactfully turn that down.

Reaction Score
The most significant reports out today are that CO and AZ will shortly join the B12. If true, and I suspect it is, that means that the PAC 12 media contract negotiations are not going well. It also means that Yormark's Plan A is likely to come to fruition with UT and ASU likely to join too. Thus the recent reports that UConn and Gonzaga would be offered only a basketball only membership. I am guessing that UConn would tactfully turn that down.
Yeah my gut is telling me that this isn’t good news for us. Much less about UConn today too.

Reaction Score
If somehow those west coast teams are sitting there alone, I’d imagine they will work to have some kind of scheduling plan with the ACC.

Reaction Score
Then we need to contact the PAC. Stanford and California will de desperate. Football only eastern time slot. No worse then the other teams they may take on if the 4 corner schools leave.
I think we’re pretty screwed for now boss. No way the Big12 adds more than AZ and CU which now seems like a foregone conclusion. And none of the PAC12 has a desire to play UConn in football.

Reaction Score
Until there is real info coming out, all of the social media posers will make their guesses known.
Sports Illustrated is talking about it more definitively now. It’s not social media posers.

Reaction Score
What value is there to UCF, Cincy, and WVU adding Colorado without an eastern add?
Why does there have to be an eastern addition? They can scoop the teams in their neighborhood first and come back for UConn later if need be. It's not like we have other suitors banging down our door.

Reaction Score
Why does there have to be an eastern addition? They can scoop the teams in their neighborhood first and come back for UConn later if need be. It's not like we have other suitors banging down our door.
If Yormark sees value in us, he might want to take us now. You can say that any of the PAC schools will be available later too at this point. They aren’t signing a GOR in that conference unless they get a last minute miracle offer. The ACC isn’t going after PAC schools because FSU and Clemson are holding the conference hostage until they get out or get a huge bump in uneven revenue.

Reaction Score
Sports Illustrated is talking about it more definitively now. It’s not social media posers.
No one really knows anything until there's true public evidence. Until then it's all guesswork.

Reaction Score
Because Yormark wants a NYC presence. I guess they can always add Temple or UMass.
OK, but did he say by what date? Presumbaly he's not locked in to the idea of having it done by the start of the 2023-24 season because it's a little late for that.

Reaction Score

But muh Pods….

Reaction Score
It's been rumored (albeit twitter pseudo-media sources like Scheer) both Arizona State & Utah prefer to maintain an alignment with the Pac, so long as Washington, Oregon, California & Stanford are involved. Could they see they have no choice and change that stance? Certainly.. but a second school in either of those states isn't necessarily adding new markets for the Big XII so if they've gotten approval for full pro-rata for a UConn it's possible that UConn wouldn't be boxed out.

Then of course there is Rule 1 of conference realignment...

Reaction Score
It's been rumored (albeit twitter pseudo-media sources like Scheer) both Arizona State & Utah prefer to maintain an alignment with the Pac, so long as Washington, Oregon, California & Stanford are involved. Could they see they have no choice and change that stance? Certainly.. but a second school in either of those states isn't necessarily adding new markets for the Big XII so if they've gotten approval for full pro-rata for a UConn it's possible that UConn wouldn't be boxed out.

Then of course there is Rule 1 of conference realignment...
Rule 1 is why I voted Not This Year.

Reaction Score
Look for the walk-back talk and we love the BE talk from Uconn linked sources. That will be the tell that things are going south. Right now all is quiet, meaning something is being discussed. I still think the B12 wants a group announcement and will wait for all the pieces to be locked in. If something doesn’t break in a week or 2, I start wondering if something is off the rails.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Look for the walk-back talk and we love the BE talk from Uconn linked sources. That will be the tell that things are going south. Right now all is quiet, meaning something is being discussed. I still think the B12 wants a group announcement and will wait for all the pieces to be locked in. If something doesn’t break in a week or 2, I start wondering if something is off the rails.
Something to be said for "wait to see if it's group" since it really does seem like Colorado is a done deal and the rest is conjecture

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There is little doubt that Colorado and UA top the list. They’d like ASU and Utah too. As I mentioned on the main board, Utah may have a strong incentive to stay. The PAC will still get a decent deal eventually and they will add Utah State. So Utah gets its rival back and the state sees a higher combined conference payout than if it’s B12 and MWC. The question is ASU, they connected more with the LA schools, but those are gone. I’d guess they go, and so UConn could be the 4th.

Reaction Score
Bookies dot com has UConn at +850, one of the longest odds on the board. Every school we have heard about has shorter odds. Except Louisville at +1000.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Adding UA fulfills the strong bball basket that Yormack keeps talking about.

I think there might be buyers remorse with CU after Prime Time leaves for a major power and CU sinks back into irrelevance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom