Cloverfield Paradox | The Boneyard

Cloverfield Paradox

Reaction Score
Anyone watch this yet? After being pretty pumped to see this being dropped after the superbowl, i gave it a watch last night. Was entertaining but also a pretty big jumbled mess where a lot of stuff makes absolutely no sense.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
a pretty big jumbled mess where a lot of stuff makes absolutely no sense.

That's par for the course w/ the Cloverfield movies isn't it? I haven't seen it yet. I'll check it out eventually but I don't have Netflix streaming.

Reaction Score
10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty dang good and the reveal at the end made it even better. This doesn’t look great.

Reaction Score
10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty dang good and the reveal at the end made it even better. This doesn’t look great.

i really enjoyed 10 cloverfield lane but the end was thrown in there to make it a "Cloverfield" movie. The original script had nothing to do with it but was sold.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
i really enjoyed 10 cloverfield lane but the end was thrown in there to make it a "Cloverfield" movie. The original script had nothing to do with it but was sold.
This is more of the same.

Cloverfield was horror flick in the vain of the Blair Witch Project. (ie, a lot of selfies and shaky camera work.) It wasn't great.

10 Cloverfield Lane - was better almost a homage to the Hitchcock type thriller.

The Cloverfield Paradox is straight up scifi with some 'easter eggs' for those who have seen the other two. Even though it is made for Netflix, it is the best of the three. Worth watching if you like the genre. Some good twists.

Reaction Score
This is more of the same.

Cloverfield was horror flick in the vain of the Blair Witch Project. (ie, a lot of selfies and shaky camera work.) It wasn't great.

10 Cloverfield Lane - was better almost a homage to the Hitchcock type thriller.

The Cloverfield Paradox is straight up scifi with some 'easter eggs' for those who have seen the other two. Even though it is made for Netflix, it is the best of the three. Worth watching if you like the genre. Some good twists.

def felt like an event horizon/prometheus/alien mashup

CL82

Reaction Score
def felt like an event horizon/prometheus/alien mashup
Event Horizon, sort of, without the satanic stuff. I liked it. It's not a movie that I would watch again, but it was entertaining. Definitely good for a Netflix product.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Event Horizon, sort of, without the satanic stuff. I liked it. It's not a movie that I would watch again, but it was entertaining. Definitely good for a Netflix product.

It wasnt intended to be a NetFlix project. It was intended for Large Screen theater release but they knew they had a steaming pile of crap on their hands and duped people into thinking it was an "event" and big deal to go to NetFlix using SuperBowl ads to trick people into watching it. They got a bunch of eyeballs out of that SuperBowl ad but that is ending quickly as the reviews on this hitting the web now are merciless across the board.

CL82

Reaction Score
It wasnt intended to be a NetFlix project. It was intended for Large Screen theater release but they knew they had a steaming pile of crap on their hands and duped people into thinking it was an "event" and big deal to go to NetFlix using SuperBowl ads to trick people into watching it. They got a bunch of eyeballs out of that SuperBowl ad but that is ending quickly as the reviews on this hitting the web now are merciless across the board.
I wondered about that. It seemed good for Netflix. Critics are killing it but Rotten Tomatoes has it 52% audience score. It's not great cinema, but it is watchable.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wondered about that. It seemed good for Netflix. Critics are killing it but Rotten Tomatoes has it 52% audience score. It's not great cinema, but it is watchable.

It couldve been worse. My wife was all kinds of pumped for it and I had to endure it. When she was less than enamored of it (although she liked it a lot more than I did) I knew that it was in for a rough ride. It had potential, just missed in a bunch of cases. For me at least.

Reaction Score
It definitely got a bad rap, and I enjoyed it. Not groundbreaking or award-winning but entertaining for sure.

Reaction Score
It was awesome. I like science fiction movies like that. The first 20 minutes were a bit boring, but the rest was really entertaining

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom