Close game for Kentucky | The Boneyard

Close game for Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I also see that SW is a starter now. They should hold on at no. 6, but it looked for awhile as if they might lose.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i don't know what to make of florida in general, but there's really no way this game should have been this close. Florida had a great win over FSU but has losses to Michigan, Rutgers (no shame there) and recently, Pacific of all teams. this is the same Pacific team, btw, that UCONN clobbered by 59 points...

i really think Kentucky drops out of the top 10 this week. they did lose to Middle Tennessee State, another very average team, but a whopping 12 points. and before anyone extols the virtues of MTSU, while they have "good" losses to Penn State and Tennessee, they also lost to James madison, Arkansas and Ga Tech. anyone remember the Towson team we steamrolled by about 60? Towson recently beat James Madison.

i realize it's not apples to apples, but there is no way Kentucky should be losing games like that (to MTSU) or having only 3 point wins over teams like Florida...

Reaction Score
i don't know what to make of florida in general, but there's really no way this game should have been this close. Florida had a great win over FSU but has losses to Michigan, Rutgers (no shame there) and recently, Pacific of all teams. this is the same Pacific team, btw, that UCONN clobbered by 59 points...

i really think Kentucky drops out of the top 10 this week. they did lose to Middle Tennessee State, another very average team, but a whopping 12 points. and before anyone extols the virtues of MTSU, while they have "good" losses to Penn State and Tennessee, they also lost to James madison, Arkansas and Ga Tech. anyone remember the Towson team we steamrolled by about 60? Towson recently beat James Madison.

i realize it's not apples to apples, but there is no way Kentucky should be losing games like that (to MTSU) or having only 3 point wins over teams like Florida...
I agree. KY and FL are tough teams to figure. Thses are the teams which could prove tough when the tournament rolls around; we will see.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
i really think Kentucky drops out of the top 10 this week.
They should, but that will surprise me. While the initial reaction by a voter to the MTSU loss will be "hmmm how far down should they drop?", they will note that KY beat Duke at 7/8 in the polls. Hard to move a one loss team below a two loss team they beat. And while the win over FL wasn't impressive, voters are generally unwilling to punish teams for "bad wins". Maybe it happens, but I bet it is rare.

Reaction Score

Kentucky did drop to #11 Your comment re Towson does raise the issue of seeing how teams that we played and other top teams that play "cupcakes" how those teams do against other teams!
Example that you used re Towson:p

Reaction Score
They should, but that will surprise me. While the initial reaction by a voter to the MTSU loss will be "hmmm how far down should they drop?", they will note that KY beat Duke at 7/8 in the polls. Hard to move a one loss team below a two loss team they beat. And while the win over FL wasn't impressive, voters are generally unwilling to punish teams for "bad wins". Maybe it happens, but I bet it is rare.
Well Phil Kent did drop to #11 Your theory does make sense,but there ya go! Duke is at #7! Kent's last 3 games have been on the road The ND game was a great game to watch! It may have been the last 4-5 mins in which ND took over. Games on the road can be tough! Middle Tenn is not a bad team for a less then Major Conference member,but KT's 12 point loss hurt them. The Fl win by 3 pts at Fl again surprising re the result,but on the rd ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom