Clinging to miracles | The Boneyard

Clinging to miracles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
So this season is a dud.

We have a mix of players long on promise, but short on results. We have a coach whose main appeal had been his relentless energy and charisma suddenly become a drawn up wallflower. And we are hopelessly trapped in conference pergatory.

Not a lot to be optimistic about, no sir. The state of the program hasn't felt this bleak since the mid-eighties, maybe longer...since my childhood. We hoped to get NIT bids back then too, but back then it felt like progress. When you've arrived, the NIT is not progress.

So why bother? Why invest the time to care?

Because being a fan is about eternal optimism. Clinging to miracles. Having a chance. Keeping the faith until the last, fanatically. Believing.

You'd think with our history, our lore, we would be more aware of this. No fanbase, pro or college, regardless of sport, has been dangling on the precipice as many times as us only to triumph against the odds eventually (seriously, I dare you to name one).

I'm going to YouTube now. Watch some of our Lore. Get my fill of what it feels like to be Champion.

And next week in Hartford, I will don my well worn husky attire and lose my voice cheering on this dysfunctional bunch, because it's great to be a fan, and we still have a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom