2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, if his family reads this, I want them to know how beloved their son will be in the UCONN Nation. How could there be a better situation, local boy playing for the memory of his Mom at his local University, who's legitimately a stud player, who can be the face of brining UCONN back to national dominance? It doesn't get better than that. It's even better than Chris Smith b/c the fan base is so much larger. The media will eat it up, he'll be all over the sporting news. His brand will thrive.

I love this kid already and can't wait to see him play, at UCONN, or anywhere else.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan I want him to come here pretty bad. With that said, I wish him future success whatever he decides. He is obviously an excellent player, and by all accounts, he is a real good kid. Will wish the local kid well regardless.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If he chooses UConn - I will be ecstatic
If he chooses somewhere else - good luck to him and let's go out and attack Plan B
None of us can influence him one way or another - we mean very little if nothing at all to him now

Reaction Score
Timing for DC to expand his skills and craft in Storrs couldn't be better.. Talented supporting group of athletic players.. Passionate coaching staff.. Bigs coach with a ton of personal experience--KFree.. Coach Mike to strengthen his body..Great competition in practice vs talented Bigs.. Great BE and OOC schedule.. MSG and its bright lights.. Energetic fan base.. Great scholastic environment.. Close to home for family to travel to games.. Enjoy HS.. Stay healthy.. Make your decision on your time.. Meanwhile.. We'll keep the lights on for you..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Howard only played Hunter Dickenson 4-5 min in the first half and maybe an 8 min stretch or so in the second half, (just guessing). Dickenson got about 10-12 pts and 9 - 10 rebounds, 1 block, altered other shots, had 1 excellent cross court assist from the low post, and some strong outlet passes. (all the stats are mine). As an exact Clingan comp, it was exciting to see him play strong in his first game and have the announcers raving. He played exactly how I would hope Clingan would play for us, but Howard didn't start him.

Reaction Score
We're in good shape here, but he has family who reads this board (even if the kid himself is smart enough not to). Don't be idiots, please.
DC and his family should recognize how this board feels about Tyler Olander. I can't even begin to imagine the everlasting reverence this yard would have for DC. We love homegrown talent. Especially talent like his.

F

FanMan

Looks like a good sign to me
Screenshot_20201126-041806_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
You never know. He may end up being a Husky. He is 16 and probably just wants to enjoy the recruiting process. Wouldn't you?
Absolutely, but a lot of these casual fans need to chill out and let the process unfold.

Reaction Score
Timing for DC to expand his skills and craft in Storrs couldn't be better.. Talented supporting group of athletic players.. Passionate coaching staff.. Bigs coach with a ton of personal experience--KFree.. Coach Mike to strengthen his body..Great competition in practice vs talented Bigs.. Great BE and OOC schedule.. MSG and its bright lights.. Energetic fan base.. Great scholastic environment.. Close to home for family to travel to games.. Enjoy HS.. Stay healthy.. Make your decision on your time.. Meanwhile.. We'll keep the lights on for you..

I'm sold. Where do I sign?

Reaction Score
I think Howard only played Hunter Dickenson 4-5 min in the first half and maybe an 8 min stretch or so in the second half, (just guessing). Dickenson got about 10-12 pts and 9 - 10 rebounds, 1 block, altered other shots, had 1 excellent cross court assist from the low post, and some strong outlet passes. (all the stats are mine). As an exact Clingan comp, it was exciting to see him play strong in his first game and have the announcers raving. He played exactly how I would hope Clingan would play for us, but Howard didn't start him.

Howard used Dickinson bout the way DH played Sanogo who looked ready and confident. Didn't try or maybe doesn't have an outside shot but he sure was efficient with his little hooks and didn't miss a rebound. Pretty impressive to have 8 and 7 in only 17 minutes of his first game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m honestly just happy for the kid.

He faces adversity with his mom’s passing every day which must be difficult. We’ve seen situations like this before and it’s extremely important to respect people that face any adversity. He seems like a great person and as much as I would love for him to be a Husky and stay close to home, I really hope he makes a name for himself anywhere. I support any player from CT, especially one that is loyal to his HS and doesn’t move over to prep school.

Hope he has a happy thanksgiving and same goes to all of you!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He is saying the right things. He seems to have his head right about the process. He has a lot of options and should explore them. It would be great to seem him in a UConn uniform.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The process is frustrating. We saw it with Akok where there seemed to be some burnout towards the end of his recruitment. We’re too neurotic of a fanbase to assume this is wrapped up, so I wonder if it’s the recruiting media types or coaches pushing the narrative that he’s a “lock”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom