2022 Recruiting: - Clingan Update | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He's still raw, and his moves without the ball are not particularly fluid. But he's still got plenty of time to work on his game and his body. I think what he needs the most is competitors with similar physical attributes and more athleticism to push him. I don't think he gets much opportunity to play against size -- particularly size with skills. Still right now, he brings a lot to the table.

Reaction Score
He's still raw, and his moves without the ball are not particularly fluid. But he's still got plenty of time to work on his game and his body. I think what he needs the most is competitors with similar physical attributes and more athleticism to push him. I don't think he gets much opportunity to play against size -- particularly size with skills. Still right now, he brings a lot to the table.
He's still adjusting to the size of his body at his young age.. A couple of years with Coach Mike in the Strength Program along with Bigs development/competition with our roster of young Bigs.. Under the coaching of KFree.. Would be invaluable for his future.. IMO..This newest video shows me that he's got pretty good hand dexterity at this age..An important skill to possess when surrounded by the speed and athleticism of the rosters DH/staff are building in Storrs..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not that it should come as a surprise but I am old enough to be out of the loop--HS recruits are hiring videographers for AAU tournaments?

Reaction Score

Bigs develop late. The kid is already bigger than all but a handful of guys in the NBA. He'll figure it out

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Bigs develop late. The kid is already bigger than all but a handful of guys in the NBA. He'll figure it out
And he's reasonably skilled for a kid his age. And reasonably aggressive. He's not Bill Russell but who is?

Clingan seems to be a really special player whose upside is enormous. (And he's pretty good already.)

Reaction Score
And he's reasonably skilled for a kid his age. And reasonably aggressive. He's not Bill Russell but who is?

Clingan seems to be a really special player whose upside is enormous. (And he's pretty good already.)
Had to look this up. If he was in the NBA right now, he’d tied for the 4th tallest player in the league. Literally only 3 guys taller than him. He might not be done growing either... seems like he’s got solid touch and good feet which is something so many big guys just don’t have. He’ll keep developing for sure, he’s got a bright future.

Reaction Score
It’s not they use a women’s ball in the CCC. Now if he would switch to Prep...
Well these are AAU highlights
And he’s not switching to prep he’s said that

Reaction Score
Not that it should come as a surprise but I am old enough to be out of the loop--HS recruits are hiring videographers for AAU tournaments?

With the emergence of platforms like Hudl and EventBeacon I'd imagine most teams for almost all fast paced sports are hiring videographers.

Reaction Score
We haven't had a player like him since..............................................uh,...........................................uh well..............

Drummond? Chuck Aleksinas? Similar coming out of HS. I agree though that Clingan’s unique size, combined with an already impressive skill set, could propel him to GOAT at center for UConn.

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me why he’s only ranked in the top 40? Also are there really 6 centers better than him in his class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom