Clingan = NBA Pro Prospect? | The Boneyard

Clingan = NBA Pro Prospect?

Reaction Score

This board will have an epic meltdown if he is one-and-done lol.

I don't think he'll be drafted yet though. Assuming his production comes back down to earth, I think he could be drafted next year. Obviously if he keeps averaging 15/10 in like 18 minutes a game he'll be drafted... he's been ridiculously productive so far. Draft status will go up depending on how well he can shoot.

Reaction Score
I doubt he goes after 1 year because he seems like the kind of kid who wants the experience he is in now, and doesn’t want to hit the NBA to bounce around a G league team while he gets his body more NBA-ready. Good for him to get the attention now, I expect him to do workouts and not enter the draft so he can get firsthand feedback from scouts about what he needs to work on. However, as we all know from watching… there isn’t much he has to work on at all, just time to adapt to the NCAA game, and then he’ll need time to adapt to the NBA game

Reaction Score
The scouts know who he is.. Lets keep him around for 2 or 3 yrs. At least let him be "the guy' for a year.-Next year.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Almost every seven-footer capable of playing and contributing at a high major school is an NBA prospect. He'll be one of the top ones, though. I think he's two year, maybe three though, to work on his body.

Reaction Score
Baseball is even more on potential. Which is why so many high school kids get drafted.
And sent to the minors, paying them not nearly as much as NBA lottery picks get. It’s a different kind of sport like that. I’m talking degrees of investment. If a kid doesn’t work out in the minors, it’s not too big deal to the team

Reaction Score
I doubt he goes after 1 year because he seems like the kind of kid who wants the experience he is in now, and doesn’t want to hit the NBA to bounce around a G league team while he gets his body more NBA-ready. Good for him to get the attention now, I expect him to do workouts and not enter the draft so he can get firsthand feedback from scouts about what he needs to work on. However, as we all know from watching… there isn’t much he has to work on at all, just time to adapt to the NCAA game, and then he’ll need time to adapt to the NBA game

If the kid is a lottery pick, coach Hurley should be pulling his scholarship and telling him to get the **** off the team. Same is true of every kid on this team. You don't turn down a 10 million dollar contract because college is fun.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If the kid is a lottery pick, coach Hurley should be pulling his scholarship and telling him to get the **** off the team. Same is true of every kid on this team. You don't turn down a 10 million dollar contract because college is fun.
But he won't be. Not this year anyway. Good test for him tonight.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
This team literally has 6-7 guys on it that can make/stick with an NBA roster. When is the last time we could say that?!

Reaction Score
This board will have an epic meltdown if he is one-and-done lol.

I don't think he'll be drafted yet though. Assuming his production comes back down to earth, I think he could be drafted next year. Obviously if he keeps averaging 15/10 in like 18 minutes a game he'll be drafted... he's been ridiculously productive so far. Draft status will go up depending on how well he can shoot.
NBA drafts potential…7’2” with potential? High pick whenever he chooses.

Reaction Score
Making it to the NBA was what Calhoun built the foundation of UCONN reputation on. Back in the day, a UCONN alumni team would be the best team in the league!

Reaction Score
Baseball is even more on potential. Which is why so many high school kids get drafted.
You know I actually looked into this more and was surprised that about a third of kids who are drafted from high school become star players. That was interesting to me. Honestly, I don’t follow baseball enough to not be surprised. Maybe it has to do with lack of physicality in baseball, or maybe it’s easier to identify future stars.

Reaction Score
You know I actually looked into this more and was surprised that about a third of kids who are drafted from high school become star players. That was interesting to me. Honestly, I don’t follow baseball enough to not be surprised. Maybe it has to do with lack of physicality in baseball, or maybe it’s easier to identify future stars.
I'd like to see the data on that because I was always under the impression that not many kids who get drafted in the MLB draft make it to the big leagues. I think I read some where that less than 50% of even first round picks make it to the majors and obviously the percentages drop every round. In the NBA if you're a first round pick you know you get paid good money for at the very least 2 years.

Reaction Score
But he won't be. Not this year anyway. Good test for him tonight.

Seems most likely IMO. He's a true freshman anyways, so leaving his sophomore year won't hurt his stock as much as some others.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see the data on that because I was always under the impression that not many kids who get drafted in the MLB draft make it to the big leagues. I think I read some where that less than 50% of even first round picks make it to the majors and obviously the percentages drop every round. In the NBA if you're a first round pick you know you get paid good money for at the very least 2 years.
Woops meant to post it before

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom