Clingan is an an absolute monster | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan is an an absolute monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He’s actually making Sanogo step up his game or get shorter minutes. I hope he’s back next year, I think that’s the plan but if he projects to the lottery, who knows.

Reaction Score
As much as we're enjoying these games nobody is enjoying them more than Bristol Central coach Tim Barrette. He kept the kid home when it seemed like everyone else was saying the kid needs to go to prep or he won't be ready. The announcers are always shouting out Bristol Central and how well schooled Clingan is.
Honestly it's like the opposite of when Drummond came in and everyone was like "...did anyone coach this kid?"

Reaction Score
watching this video it made me wonder if the intramural teams ever get to play on this court or at Gampel. I remember playing intramural basketball at the Fieldhouse many years ago. Does anyone know if the championships or any other games are played at Gampel or Werth?
As of 6 years ago the intramural championships are played in Gampel but that's it

Reaction Score
Especially at that position. Guards are easier. You can mix and match and get them on the court at the same time. This is effectively a zero sum game and both of them seem fine with it. A true testament to the two of them as well as the coaching staff for getting everyone to buy in.
And they both seem to have bought in. They both were really playing hard last night. Both breathing hard in the huddles and both playing within themselves......except AS had some good opportunities to show how well he's learned to pass but passed on them!

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
His high school coach deserves a lot of credit. I don't know much about has AAU experience but it must have been excellent as well. We are fortunate to have him.

Reaction Score
Is it fair to ask how stupid Florida's backup Center is? You make ONE play and then taunt an opponent in the midst of a game where not only is your team being manhandled but it's largely because of how badly you are being obliterated at your own position? Yeah, o.k.

As for DC, to have the maturity at his age to understand that the response is not to get mad but to get even is quite a statement.
When you're a Senior averaging less than 4 points per game I guess you make your presence known any way you can........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My guess is there's a better chance Clingan is a lottery pick than playing for UConn next year.
You wish. The fact he stayed at BCHS may show how loyal he is to wherever he chooses to be and he just might want to leave as big a mark at UConn as he did at his mother's alma mater. How does four more years sound?

Based on the big men on your roster, though, you are making the right call............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm getting major Zach Edey vibes...

Edey's stats so far = gradual progress

View attachment 81660
Ken zoom list’s Edey’a freshman year as one of his closest comps. https://kenpom.com/player_comps.php?p=53071
C8F3B302-2884-49E3-BC39-D3AD431BB571.jpeg

Reaction Score
I know one poster — was it Husky Warrior — was man enough to say he was dead wrong on how good Clingan would be this quickly, but I’d love to hear from others just to understand what they got wrong in hindsight (and we’re all wrong in hindsight so I’m not being critical, I just want to understand). Was the lack of excitement here just because the services didn’t have him as a five star? Was it a prejudice against those who stay in public school? Did Clingan just improve so much faster than people could have guessed? I’d just be curious how so many were so conservative on their predictions for him.

And again, I get things wrong. We’ll all be wrong on how we predict the future. This is not a post about being critical. I’m just curious if there are lessons to be learned here.
His high character, drive and work ethic...true intangibles may have been underestimated. He transformed his body in a short period of time. This is a tribute to Clingan and the entire staff. He has far exceeded my expectations to this point.

Now this team is a front runner to win it all coming out of NYC/East Regional.

Reaction Score
Is that the level of throwing shade we are at now? Nothing you can say about the team’s play so the move is saying that the really good young player will be gone quickly?

What a time to be a UConn MBB fan
I think some of you just look for things to complain about. My point is that he's much more advanced than I expected, and a 7 footer with his skills will be targeted by the league. Since I don't watch the NBA, I hope he stays 4 years.

For the record, I think he elevated them from a solid NCAA team to a legitimate Final Four contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom