Clingan declares for the NBA | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Clingan declares for the NBA

Reaction Score
Where is Jay Bilas today? That had to be said. Clearly, he was way out of line with that comment. Certainly not news if you are just making things up. Perhaps it was a troll job to all of us UConn fans by making us hesitate and thinking the impossible could happen. I mean Bilas has said a lot of positive things about us over the last two years so not sure what he was drinking or smoking to make such a comment. I think he is a lawyer right or has a law degree. That could have something to do with it.

Since Bilas is a Dookie, thank you DC for a round about way of making a Dook expert look silly.
He didn't say Clingan was coming back. He said he thought he might come back. Donovan didn't talk like he knew he was leaving until he made the announcement today. This criticism is not warranted.

Reaction Score
I'm the 100th LIKE!!!!

Also, DC is one of Connecticuts finest. Has come a long way since seeing those videos from his Jr year at HS.

He will be missed for a long time but no doubt he'll always revisit Storrs for life.

In his last 4 years of basketball, his teams have gone as far as possible to win championships.

2020-21 (BCHS) - won the Central Connecticut Conference Championship (no state tourney that year due to COVID)
2021-22 (BCHS) - won the CIAC Division II State Championship
2022-23 (UConn) - won National Championship
2023-24 (UConn) - won National Championship

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
In his last 4 years of basketball, his teams have gone as far as possible to win championships.

2020-21 (BCHS) - won the Central Connecticut Conference Championship (no state tourney that year due to COVID)
2021-22 (BCHS) - won the CIAC Division II State Championship
2022-23 (UConn) - won National Championship
2023-24 (UConn) - won National Championship
Kid is a winner

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He didn't say Clingan was coming back. He said he thought he might come back. Donovan didn't talk like he knew he was leaving until he made the announcement today. This criticism is not warranted.
He said “very good chance” so he was uninformed or just making stuff up. I guess I would expect better reporting as I noted I tend to like most of his analysis and I think he is fair and does not outwardly root for Duke. So I just don’t get why he would make such a strong comment without knowing.

Look my take is that the top two or three teams in the draft have made it clear to Donovan’s camp that he is their guy, or it seems that way to me. I mean if you have a chance to go #1 you go.

I don’t get how someone as plugged in as Bilas did not already know that he was in that type position. It may not be his job specifically to do mock drafts etc. But I do look for credibility in some of the analysts. Bilas was/is one whose opinion I have respected and he seemed credible for telling it like it is. I would never consider anything a Charles Barkley says but some of these guys have street cred so when they say something it makes you think.

Anyway we can agree to disagree. It all good….he was more than likely going no matter what and I hope he goes #1 and kills it next year. Actually I knew he had a long wingspan as it was obvious looking at him but it is 7’7” he is going to be a rim protecting machine at the next level. Physics dictate that call. I also think he has more offensive game than a Rudy Gobert. I hope San Antonio picks him and they bring back the twin towers. Big men as stars have always been good for the nba.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Donovan is going to make bank. I doubt he cares what Bilas said, therefore I won't either.

Reaction Score
He said “very good chance” so he was uninformed or just making stuff up. I guess I would expect better reporting as I noted I tend to like most of his analysis and I think he is fair and does not outwardly root for Duke. So I just don’t get why he would make such a strong comment without knowing.

Look my take is that the top two or three teams in the draft have made it clear to Donovan’s camp that he is their guy, or it seems that way to me. I mean if you have a chance to go #1 you go.

I don’t get how someone as plugged in as Bilas did not already know that he was in that type position. It may not be his job specifically to do mock drafts etc. But I do look for credibility in some of the analysts. Bilas was/is one whose opinion I have respected and he seemed credible for telling it like it is. I would never consider anything a Charles Barkley says but some of these guys have street cred so when they say something it makes you think.

Anyway we can agree to disagree. It all good….he was more than likely going no matter what and I hope he goes #1 and kills it next year. Actually I knew he had a long wingspan as it was obvious looking at him but it is 7’7” he is going to be a rim protecting machine at the next level. Physics dictate that call. I also think he has more offensive game than a Rudy Gobert. I hope San Antonio picks him and they bring back the twin towers. Big men as stars have always been good for the nba.
Let it go my Man, this is a positive thread. Bilas is human.

Reaction Score
I do business with a guy that coached against Big Don’s AAU team and he told me he would be a project and should contribute by his third year. He forgot to mention that year would be in the NBA.

All the best DC, you are a better person than player and that is a high bar to exceed!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
He said “very good chance” so he was uninformed or just making stuff up. I guess I would expect better reporting
Nice double down. Still, this isn't reporting. I guess I'd expect better reading.

Reaction Score

Even if you don't accept that things that have a "very good chance to happen" wind up not happening plenty, Bilas is an analyst, not a reporter. He wasn't claiming to have insider info.

Reaction Score
Thank you Donovan I really appreciate everything you did for us. What a great guy. Hope u make a lot of money!!!

Reaction Score
Best of luck DC, thank you for giving me 2 stress free tournament runs. 2 championships in 2 years all double digit wins, and to do it as a CT kid is just special had the maturity of a senior from his first game, he just had the it factor from day 1.

That game against Edey is gonna be great for his development, he adjusted after the first four minutes, I imagine he will be in the gym with Cam and shoot nothing but 3s, he will adapt very well to the NBA just adding to our alumni NBA guys.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Please kill your workouts and leave no doubt who the best prospect in the draft is. Couldn't have asked for more out of him, special talent. Second best big in our history.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Everything has been said, but should Donovan check in here, my family and I will only add:
"Fair winds and following seas young man. A legend at 20, a finer young man we've never known".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom