Clingan declares for the NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan declares for the NBA

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Best of luck Donovan. You are a giant among men in more ways than one.

Declaration to remove any doubts from bigs in the portal that we're targeting.

Reaction Score
UConn Legend! I’m not an nba fan but give me a reason to root for Clingian again. One of my all time favorites. Couldn’t be more happy for him. Plus if he stayed that was unfair to college basketball!

Reaction Score
realistically there cant be too many of these people left for castle or clingan i would hope
They came out of the woodwork when Jay Bilas spoke out of his backside and said Clingan would come back

Reaction Score
Final Four Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Well deserved and earned! Good luck Cling Kong!,,

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I actually like that he did it now. Now he won't have to tiptoe around his future when talking to the crowd.

Thank you Donovan for everything you've done for our program and state!
Yes true. Also Hurley can pursue a big from the portal !

Reaction Score
More quick decisions coming soon. The staff was at a disadvantage in the portal because we were still playing. The guys who need to make decisions have made them so as to clear the air and help the staff reload for next year. We had a couple of very delayed decisions last year that almost bit us. Dan mentioned to me last June when were in Brooklyn that some of the delayed decisions were tying their hands in the portal. These guys are always learning from their mistakes no matter how small they are.

Reaction Score
Selfishly I wanted him to come back and do his best Breanna Stewart impression but he is ready for the next level in all facets, mentally, physically and maturity wise he is ready. I hope he goes to a solid organization like San Antonio. Him and wemby could wear teams out on the defensive end like we did in 23 with sanogo and Clingan.

Reaction Score
Seems like it went by so fast. It's the right decision for him though. Two seasons at UConn, two National Titles (and a Big East regular season and tourney title). Couldn't have asked for anything better. Kid's a winner! Good luck Donovan and thank you for staying home. Forever a Husky and a Connecticut legend!!!

Clingan.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I actually like that he did it now. Now he won't have to tiptoe around his future when talking to the crowd.

Thank you Donovan for everything you've done for our program and state!
There will also be no questions in the mind of this weekend's reported guest.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wish him all the best. How much he improved in two years is a remarkable testament to his dedication and our great coaching staff. After watching the first few games of his freshman year to where he is now is so incredible for a kid that stayed at his local high school and was not competing against the best competition. Quick study hope he becomes a stud at the next level. Also hope this lets us target a big man early in the portal process.

The parade has not even happened and the off season is upon is. Thank you Donovan and the rest of the team and coaches for providing us life long Husky fans another run that will live on forever. Certainly sad it is over but that light we all see is Danny starting to build.

The off season is now upon us. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch. The speculation on who we will get from the portal etc should be fun since we know the carpenter is building his roster. Maybe a three peat is unrealistic but I think you can pretty much pencil us in as a fixture in the top 20 for the foreseeable future.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
No brainer. Go get that bag, Clingkong.
2 championships in 2 years playing for your home state university... hard to draw it up better than that.
UConn legend. Enjoy the NBA.

Reaction Score
Congrats young man! We all wish you could stay for 3 peat but we cannot be too greedy and are lucky to have you for two years!

Reaction Score
Very surprising. Jay Bilas is rarely wrong. Thought he was coming back to try for a Three-peat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom