Clingan at Yankee Stadium today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clingan at Yankee Stadium today

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Yankees and Red Sox fans in CT

Growing up in New Haven, I kind of felt like we were on the fault line between the two fan bases. The map (see link) seems to show the same thing. Bristol being west of the New Haven/Hartford line (if only slightly) would indicate more Yankee fans there...

Reaction Score

Growing up in New Haven, I kind of felt like we were on the fault line between the two fan bases. The map (see link) seems to show the same thing. Bristol being west of the New Haven/Hartford line (if only slightly) would indicate more Yankee fans there...
Bristol is actually light red on this map. I'd say there are slightly more Red Sox fans in this town. That was how it felt growing up, too, as a Yankee fan - for every two of us, there were three of them. Bristol used to have a Red Sox AA minor league affiliate and some of the '70s Red Sox stars passed through here, so I'm betting that had an impact on some allegiances. (At that time, the Yankees AA affiliate was in West Haven, which is still on the blue side.)

Reaction Score

Honestly around 1980 Channel 3 a very young Dennis House walked into Fortes Cafe in Meriden on a weekend the Yanks and Sox were playing and did a little show with the fans watching the game. WFSB felt Meriden was the center line of the state and wanted to get a feel for the fandom. Honestly a great day it was after we had already played a twilight league afternoon game so there were regulars and actual baseball players there and it was very split. But back then it was a mutual respect I liked many Sox players. Unlike now after moving to WesMass lol..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom