Clingan 6th to the Hornets... | The Boneyard

Clingan 6th to the Hornets...

Reaction Score
You know when you have a big outdoor event and you need the weather to cooperate so you check the farmers almanac 2 months out: 20% chance of rain. OK not so bad.
As the day gets closer you see clear skies and you're tentatively excited.
7 day forecast- a few showers. Oh no. You know what's cooking...
2 day forecast- thunderstorms, heavy at times. You're looking for any glimpse of sunshine.
Please give me a glimpse of sunshine if this happens.

Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if he made it to 6. Would also be surprised if they took him if he did. Mark Williams was injured most of last year but in the games he played, he was having a breakout year. Those are 2 starting Cs with similar playstyles at 20-22 years old

They’re probably looking for guards. They have a bunch on roster but only 1 starting caliber G (Lamelo), who has been injury prone

Lost Rozier and their current options (Nick Smith and Bryce McGowens) aren’t going to fill that spot. Castle was smart to publicly say he wants to play PG, otherwise he’d be a perfect fit as a CG that can stretch to SF

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We had one player who earned all NBA while he was there. One player who didn't quite fit in but found success with other teams and one player who was a complete train wreck since high school, his troubles hidden at UConn and then blew up when on his own with some cash in his pocket (along with a handgun).
Yeah, it's all on the Hornets

Reaction Score
They could turn it around at some point. The Chicago Bulls were once a terrible franchise. The Knicks recently completed 20 years of mismanagement.

If they did draft Clingan, guess which team would start having Hurley rumors.

Reaction Score
We had one player who earned all NBA while he was there. One player who didn't quite fit in but found success with other teams and one player who was a complete train wreck since high school, his troubles hidden at UConn and then blew up when on his own with some cash in his pocket (along with a handgun).
Yeah, it's all on the Hornets
I just want a star uconn alum to get a situation close to where AJax landed.
The Bucks had their issues this year, and Doc isn't classically the best with young talent but at least Andre went to a high profile team with a chance to win.
I know the better you are the worse team you go to, but the Hornets just seem so invisible

caw

Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if he made it to 6. Would also be surprised if they took him if he did. Mark Williams was injured most of last year but in the games he played, he was having a breakout year. Those are 2 starting Cs with similar playstyles at 20-22 years old

They’re probably looking for guards. They have a bunch on roster but only 1 starting caliber G (Lamelo), who has been injury prone

Lost Rozier and their current options (Nick Smith and Bryce McGowens) aren’t going to fill that spot. Castle was smart to publicly say he wants to play PG, otherwise he’d be a perfect fit as a CG that can stretch to SF

Actually with Ball often getting injured Castle would still likely get reps as a PG. He and Miller would be a great 1-2 punch in 2-3 years. But that would require trusting this Hornets org.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing Clingan going as high as 1 to Atlanta. I don't know the guys from overseas but I believe in Donovan. I feel like he is going to be a very good pro in the NBA. I agree that Charlotte is a dumpster fire of a franchise though.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing Clingan going as high as 1 to Atlanta. I don't know the guys from overseas but I believe in Donovan. I feel like he is going to be a very good pro in the NBA. I agree that Charlotte is a dumpster fire of a franchise though.
Yes, Bill Simmons seemed very convinced of Clingan at Number 1

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the names of the agents/agencies for Castle and Clingan?

Reaction Score
Yes, Bill Simmons seemed very convinced of Clingan at Number 1
didn't seem like he was convinced, he was just making the argument that he could go #1 given what he's expected to provide in the NBA is probably a certainty over the other potential candidates.

Reaction Score
didn't seem like he was convinced, he was just making the argument that he could go #1 given what he's expected to provide in the NBA is probably a certainty over the other potential candidates.
I'm guessing we'll have a better idea of this after the finals ends... in 2 days. But that's a good sign so close to draft day.

I think Clingans association with our staff may give him that extra push. As if we need anymore publicity, having 2 top 5 guys.

Reaction Score
new ownership new team. brandon miller was ROY runner up. no issues with charlotte anymore.

i'm only worried about castle falling to memphis. ja is a terrible teammate and memphis is a ishhole. it's the smallest tv market in the league and never should have gotten a team to begin with. they should relocate to Kansas City since seattle and vegas are getting expansion teams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
new ownership new team. brandon miller was ROY runner up. no issues with charlotte anymore.

i'm much more worried about castle falling to memphis. ja is a terrible teammate and memphis is a ishhole. it's the smallest tv market in the league and never should have gotten a team to begin with. they should relocate to Kansas City since seattle and vegas are getting expansion teams.
agreed with you on Charlotte and then you just drove off a cliff with the Memphis stuff, not a lick of sense going on there.

Reaction Score
agreed with you on Charlotte and then you just drove off a cliff with the Memphis stuff, not a lick of sense going on there.
you think Ja is a good teammate waving guns around and assaulting kids? it's not the most dangerous city in the US as of 2022? it's not the smallest tv market in the nba? KC wouldnt be better in every way? which part is factually incorrect?

Reaction Score
you think Ja is a good teammate waving guns around and assaulting kids? it's not the most dangerous city in the US as of 2022? it's not the smallest tv market in the nba? KC wouldnt be better in every way? which part is factually incorrect?
do you work in the league office? what does the TV market matter to you? Have you watched a Memphis home game during the current Ja/Bane/JJJ era or the previous Grit N Grind era? Great crowds and packed arenas, Memphis is a basketball city and they support the team, that should be all that matters. As far as Ja, he was obviously acting like a bonehead but you've never seen any stories about him not getting along with his teammates or that they don't like him.

Reaction Score
do you work in the league office? what does the TV market matter to you? Have you watched a Memphis home game during the current Ja/Bane/JJJ era or the previous Grit N Grind era? Great crowds and packed arenas, Memphis is a basketball city and they support the team, that should be all that matters. As far as Ja, he was obviously acting like a bonehead but you've never seen any stories about him not getting along with his teammates or that they don't like him.
no but one of my best friends does. i heard over and over during the finals last year how denver and miami were small tv markets so casual fans didnt care as much, yet they both dwarf memphis. there's a reason they only have 1 pro team. market size matters for ratings and exposure. the bigger markets get more national coverage. so memphis has crowds, great, it's not hard to fill a 20k bball arena if the team is decent. and being a good role model is a HUGE part of being a good teammate, especially for rookies.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ry7

Top Bottom