Clemson's Football guru reporting B12 deal | The Boneyard

Clemson's Football guru reporting B12 deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
one of the wvu guys also posted that fsu earlier today had a agreement in place and was waiting on clemson confirmations as well or something like that...also its been reported today by clemson(tigernet) that gtech is also going to the b12 and the 4th in a ? at this point to the media.

but this all isn't real. the acc is so strong and a great place to go play sports.

Reaction Score
GTech? lol. Clemson and FSU for sure. Why would the Big12 want Gtech? Take the two biggies and tell ND u are in or out. If theya re not in, go to VaTech. GTech brings little to the table. You'll be able to recruit Georgia with or without them

Anyone think ND has overplayed their hand?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
It could just be me, but if this happened (FSU and Clemson to B12), isn't that largely a good thing for UConn?
  1. Likely means Louisville and Cincinnati stay put in the Big East as both were previously angling for B12 invite
  2. ACC weakens meaning they are more on par with Big East
  3. If ACC decides to expand again, UConn would be a likely choice - not sure we jump to that ship but at least we have the option - at the end of the day, the ACC is basically going to be very much like the Big East prior to the Miami / VTech departures
For some reason and contrary to many pundits, I have this strong belief that the college football landscape will not end up with a bunch of "haves" and "have nots" - the days of oligopoly cannot last in the long term here. Smaller programs that are successful will either get a chance for a championship or there will be an outcry to let them have one. If we win our games and continue to build our program, we'll get our chances for prestige.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
gtech is great tv market add for the b12 if the fsu/clem stuff is real.

they can work on vt/md all week and if neither bite then lville it is. b12 contract will be 25+ easy, just watch. they will stop at 14 to even up with the sec and let the b10 make its move. u dont go to 16 right away unless nd is in becuase its not worth the perception that they killed the acc in one swoop. b10 is on the clock now. nd will be somewhere by august at the pace this is moving now. crazy times.

Reaction Score
gtech is great tv market add for the b12 if the fsu/clem stuff is real.

they can work on vt/md all week and if neither bite then lville it is. b12 contract will be 25+ easy, just watch. they will stop at 14 to even up with the sec and let the b10 make its move. u dont go to 16 right away unless nd is in becuase its not worth the perception that they killed the acc in one swoop. b10 is on the clock now. nd will be somewhere by august at the pace this is moving now. crazy times.

I doubt its Lousiville. I agree they stop at 14 for now while everyone waits for the big10 and ND to make their move. They have time here. the other key piece, IMHO, is UNC. the sEC would love to get them I'm sure. so would the Big 12. Would they leave Duke and the ACC? maybe for the Big 10? ITs crazy

anyone want to do a chart with who is where and who's left? If you were to rank the pieces left in terms of "value" it would probably be 1. ND 2. UNC 3. VaTech 4. Maryland 5. ????

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It isn't substantiated. I take it for what it is......a tweet by a Clemson fan with unattributed source

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You know what's hilarious?

A-friggin-men! Now can anyone comment on whether this Cory Fravel guy is on the up-and-up, or is he a crack-pot? If this is legit, the Twitter conversation seems to be indicating FSU / Clemson / GTech / Va Tech. If that is true....WOW!! A conference that was dead to rights about 1 calendar year ago will now be arguably the second strongest in the land, and the ACC will have lost 3 of its 4 biggest draws, as well as the city of Atlanta. Just WOW!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm not saying theses guys are 100% legit, but there have been 4 ppl i have been watching alot lately that have been correct or very close to correct on most things the past 2 months.
1-mhveer or w/e his user name is on the wvu board. he had the right tv numbers among other things and he was on top of the luck to stanford then passing stuff also. he also broke the wvu new baseball field stuff among other things. he broke the fsu stuff this afternoon.
2-the baylor 247 mod/writer has been correct with teams exploring and #'s as far as the acc tv deal(not sure his connection there...)
3-warchant/fsu site. i read that stuff linked thru the wvu board, has been good info on fsu stuff going on.
4-the clemson guy from CH has been right on with the wvu guy with #'s and other stuff. thats who broke the clemson agreement stuff today.

there are others out there to follow. dodd is interesting for quotes, and swiam if u like wild theorys(as u know i do). the wvu dude is another fun follow.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I typed in the following google search "Clemson to Big12" and set the filter to the past hour. The thing is lit up like a Christmas tree!! Every board, from SC Gamecocks to Baylor to tOSU in the Big 10. If it's just a rumor, it is one hell of a rumor!!

Reaction Score
i'm not saying theses guys are 100% legit, but there have been 4 ppl i have been watching alot lately that have been correct or very close to correct on most things the past 2 months.
1-mhveer or w/e his user name is on the wvu board. he had the right tv numbers among other things and he was on top of the luck to stanford then passing stuff also. he also broke the wvu new baseball field stuff among other things. he broke the fsu stuff this afternoon.
2-the baylor 247 mod/writer has been correct with teams exploring and #'s as far as the acc tv deal(not sure his connection there...)
3-warchant/fsu site. i read that stuff linked thru the wvu board, has been good info on fsu stuff going on.
4-the clemson guy from CH has been right on with the wvu guy with #'s and other stuff. thats who broke the clemson agreement stuff today.

there are others out there to follow. dodd is interesting for quotes, and swiam if u like wild theorys(as u know i do). the wvu dude is another fun follow.

I prefer reading Nostical who has been reporting for some time that UConn is quietly being positioned for a move to The Big 10. He has a pretty good source but few take him seriously.

Reaction Score
Nostical, ehh, interesting you would put your faith in him. He can be quite random.

Georgia Tech proves that media markets matter.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I typed in the following google search "Clemson to Big12" and set the filter to the past hour. The thing is lit up like a Christmas tree!! Every board, from SC Gamecocks to Baylor to tOSU in the Big 10. If it's just a rumor, it is one hell of a rumor!!
At this point in the game, the college message boards are pretty much intertwined (even across rivals/scout/247). After FTI's musing on our board, we had posters from all over and even frank the tank spending time here.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I prefer reading Nostical who has been reporting for some time that UConn is quietly being positioned for a move to The Big 10. He has a pretty good source but few take him seriously.
If that guy is right, I will buy him several beers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he is correct I think Dan is having sex w/ Conspiracy Kitty on YouTube.
enhanced-buzz-17103-1291507511-9.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty sighs and says "no cameras"

Reaction Score
Oliver Luck looking like a genius. Here's the thing that pisses me off. I travel to Lubbock, TX almost every week for work. Nice people but just in the middle of no-where. The fact that they, or Kansas, or Kansas State are in one of the "haves" conferences just blows me away. Congress will intervene in 3-2-1

Reaction Score
I hope this happens, I really do. I don't expect it to, but if it did and Louisville was the #4 to the Big XII, we'd essentially be back to back to what the UConn administration thought they'd be getting in the Big East when they joined.

My ideal scenario would have UConn, Rutgers, and (wishful thinking) Notre Dame as the replacements for Clemson, FSU, and Georgia Tech.

UConn thought it was getting (pre-raid Big East): Boston College, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia)... and it would be getting (dream post-raid ACC): Boston College, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke and (wishful thinking) Notre Dame.

If that came true, sign me up, I'd trade West Virginia for (wishful thinking) Notre Dame, and the ACC remenants any day of the week.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I hope this happens, I really do. I don't expect it to, but if it did and Louisville was the #4 to the Big XII, we'd essentially be back to back to what the UConn administration thought they'd be getting in the Big East when they joined.

My ideal scenario would have UConn, Rutgers, and (wishful thinking) Notre Dame as the replacements for Clemson, FSU, and Georgia Tech.

UConn thought it was getting (pre-raid Big East): Boston College, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia)... and it would be getting (dream post-raid ACC): Boston College, Miami, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Duke and (wishful thinking) Notre Dame.

If that came true, sign me up, I'd trade West Virginia for (wishful thinking) Notre Dame, and the ACC remenants any day of the week.
Damn straight.

Reaction Score

With BC kicking and screaming that scenario would be hilarious. Right now a few conferences hold most of the cards and the rest are sharing an anxiety sandwich. There should be a lot of action in the next few months with everybody else watching their backs. Kind of like Survivor except only ND gets immunity..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom