Clemson Hires Amanda Butler as WBB Head Coach. | The Boneyard

Clemson Hires Amanda Butler as WBB Head Coach.

Reaction Score
Butler blocked Sydney Moss from transferring. I admit I dont know the details, but I take a very dim view of any coach who does that.
(Moss ultimately went D3.)

Reaction Score
Butler blocked Sydney Moss from transferring. I admit I dont know the details, but I take a very dim view of any coach who does that.
(Moss ultimately went D3.)

Always a slippery slope for a coach to block/restrict a transfer. My experience was as an NCAA baseball coach. I always tried to remember that I had the opportunity to coach for many years; 99+% of college athletes have a finite time to participate in their sport. I never felt it fair regardless of the circumstances for me to take one of those years away by blocking a transfer. My conference actually had a rule at the time that an athlete had to sit 2 years (one mandated by the NCAA & one mandated by the conference) if they were transferring within the conference - thankfully we got that changed.....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well that was a nice little one-year hiatus for Butler.

She had modest and mixed results at Florida. Averaging one NCAA tournament appearance every 3 or 4 years would certainly be an upgrade for Clemson based on its recent history.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Butler was a failure at Florida on a few different levels-coaching, teaching, communicating and lack of wins. Her overall winning at Florida was fine as she played weak OOC opponents and in 10years in the SEC only had 2 with winning records while finishing as high as 4th those two times. Why Clemson would think she “morphed” into a coaching savant in the 1 year off is perplexing. This says to me that Clemson wants a name to pretend to give credence to WCBB but really isn’t serious as this was the lazy man’s hire.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clemson makes women's basketball coach hire

Probably an upgrade over their prior coach, but will she take Clemson to the next level. I don't think so.

You mean the next level up to 14th place in the conference? :rolleyes::p:cool:;):D:oops:

sad tiger.jpg

Reaction Score
Butler was a failure at Florida on a few different levels-coaching, teaching, communicating and lack of wins. Her overall winning at Florida was fine as she played weak OOC opponents and in 10years in the SEC only had 2 with winning records while finishing as high as 4th those two times. Why Clemson would think she “morphed” into a coaching savant in the 1 year off is perplexing. This says to me that Clemson wants a name to pretend to give credence to WCBB but really isn’t serious as this was the lazy man’s hire.

They don't care.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Clemson makes women's basketball coach hire

Probably an upgrade over their prior coach, but will she take Clemson to the next level. I don't think so.

The next level would be winning a few games in the ACC. I'm glad that Dawn's college teammate is out at Clemson so the Gamecocks can go back to beating them by 40. There is never a bad time to blow out one's hated rival.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

In complete agreement with you, particularly on the "lazy man's hire." Wasn't Butler also considered at Ole Miss? Unless Butler has learned from what went wrong at Florida, this strikes me as re-tread hire. Geesh, for all the talk of Clemson's upgraded hoops facilties, why not match them with a fresh approach at coaching? Just thought this search would yield some more diversity in the finalists. And she'd better ramp up recruiting with several regional schools in two conferences (ACC, SEC) working the area hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom