Clemson Board of Trustees Meeting (Call us please) | The Boneyard

Clemson Board of Trustees Meeting (Call us please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Clemson’s Board of Trustees met in Columbia Thursday afternoon in an effort to discuss the rumors swirling around the university and possible conference realignment

Chairman David Wilkins talked about what was discussed in the meeting.

The board called an executive session so they could close the doors, and Wilkins said the board covered a variety of topics.

“We tried to separate the facts from the rumors,. This board is very committed to Clemson athletics and Clemson sports. We want Clemson teams to be the best they can be. We are very interested in a football program that is excelling at a high level, and we would consider, as we should, any viable option from any conference if we received any. We have not received any. In the meantime we are committed to working to make the ACC the strongest conference possible. We took no votes and took no action, we just had a general discussion about the lay of the land.”

“If we were contacted by a conference, we would obviously listen to what they had to say. And then we would make a reasonable decision. We aren’t seeking that, and we aren’t making any overtures about that. I think we have a responsibility to consider any viable component that would come our way. But we haven’t been contacted by anybody. We just want Clemson athletics to be the best they can be. This board is committed to Clemson athletics.”

David Hood can be reached at davidhood@tigernet.com

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wow can they be any more obvious that it's all about them and the ACC is a forethought? This is basically the same as Louisville saying that they are not committed to the Big East and if something better comes along they're out.

Interesting stuff.....

Big 12, your move......

Reaction Score
Can anyone post a picture of a guy, wearing a Clemson shirt, staring at his phone waiting for it to ring?

Reaction Score
Wow, they actually said "in the meantime" they are committed to making the ACC the best it can be.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Sexy-Clemson-Fan.jpg
I tried, then decided this was better

Reaction Score
Ho hum, move along, nothing to see here.

The Clemson Chair stated the obvious and looking at alternatives and options is something that they are obligated to do legally.

Every Board is supposed to look at all options to see if any are better for the school.

What the Chair said is not newsworthy, it is just a re-statement of what every board of directors is required to do.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
1) replace clemson with mizzu, atm, wvu, vt, cuse etc.....

2) i really want to see pics of fans tailgating this meeting and stuff. u know your fanbase has had enough when they are doing like this. clemson fans have been a ton of fun thru all this, props to that fanbase. its what i hope this fanbase can grow to in time.

3) why can't uconn or some 1 in pr get there act together and grab a couple hotties from campus and do a spread with them. every fball school has 15 hot girl pics out on the internet and from there then the actual game days ones with hot chicks, and beers. we lack the set up ones and were young on the game day ones also(no knock on this side of it). we need to atleast make a effort to get guys hard for saturday afternoons at the rent. i knew a girl in hs that was a 10. i never had a shot at a convo more than a minute long at the partys we would see each other at. anyway she went to uconn and she just got hotter every dam summer i saw her. why can't uconn have a hot ladies calendar like other schools? i mean the live game day stuff will come out in due time, but the set up stuff we have to make a effort for. if they do then where is it? and instead of w/e they are doing give each lady a fball shirt cut up like abrocrombie clothes and take the dam pictures lol. for the $500 it would cost, let me know if u dont make that money back next year in new fans. i'll cover it for god sakes.

Reaction Score
1) replace clemson with mizzu, atm, wvu, vt, cuse etc.....

2) i really want to see pics of fans tailgating this meeting and stuff. u know your fanbase has had enough when they are doing **** like this. clemson fans have been a ton of fun thru all this, props to that fanbase. its what i hope this fanbase can grow to in time.

3) why can't uconn or some 1 in pr get there act together and grab a couple hotties from campus and do a spread with them. every fball school has 15 hot girl pics out on the internet and from there then the actual game days ones with hot chicks, and beers. we lack the set up ones and were young on the game day ones also(no knock on this side of it). we need to atleast make a effort to get guys hard for saturday afternoons at the rent. i knew a girl in hs that was a 10. i never had a shot at a convo more than a minute long at the partys we would see each other at. anyway she went to uconn and she just got hotter every dam summer i saw her. why can't uconn have a hot ladies calendar like other schools? i mean the live game day stuff will come out in due time, but the set up stuff we have to make a effort for. if they do then where is it? and instead of w/e they are doing give each lady a fball shirt cut up like abrocrombie clothes and take the dam pictures lol. for the $500 it would cost, let me know if u dont make that money back next year in new fans. i'll cover it for god sakes.

I think this was my fault. Your posts actually may be easier to comprehend when you use slashes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is a huge incentive for Clemson and FSU to wait until August 15, the last day to notify the ACC in order to leave for 2013. If enough teams really are preparing to exit the ACC, there may be the critical mass necessary to change the bylaws and reduce the exit fee. Right now the ACC is 12 members, which means if FSU and Clemson can get 5 more "reduce" votes, they could save up to $20 million each.

I do not imagine anyone will announce anything before the last possible moment, in case the Big 12 goes to 14 and a few other schools depart.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 doesn't expand now by adding Clemson and FSU then it never will.

TCU? They added TCU instead of FSU or Clemson? What was that? A LongHorn Network payoff? Tilt? Stupidity?

Reaction Score
damnit... why did we go to a cold weather school again?
Attractive female students are a must have in the south. I am on the Alabama campus a couple of times a month and my route from parking to meeting room takes me past the student center and across the quad. I swear that everytime there I pass at least three female students that would cause a traffic jam in Storrs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Attractive female students are a must have in the south. I am on the Alabama campus a couple of times a month and my route from parking to meeting room takes me past the student center and across the quad. I swear that everytime there I pass at least three female students that would cause a traffic jam in Storrs.

This is the "daisy dukes" phenomenon, where because it is warm, more women wear skimpy clothes and create a false benchmark in the memory of the men who visit warm climates. The reality is that because of diet and, surprisingly, much less exercise than people in the north get, most women in the south are actually overweight or obese. So for every hottie in daisy dukes at U of Alabama you remember seeing, there are 5 weighing in north of 150 that are sitting at the campus shuttle stop with a box of Krispy Kremes because they are too fat and lazy to walk the half mile to their English Lit class.

The poor diet and exercise impact more than just their weight, since fatty, sugary foods are terrible for the skin and obesity leads to diabetes, which can cause pretty rancid body odor.

Women in the north are, on average, better looking, in better shape and there is more ethnic diversity, but because it is 35 degrees in the morning in mid-April at Storrs, they can't go to class in daisy dukes so you don't remember them as clearly. There are other correlations between higher education levels of women, which is more common in the northeast, and a greater willingness to engage in anal and oral sex, and bisexuality. So, if you are looking for a large population of attractive, in shape women that will do more in bed, then you should stay in the north and particularly the northeast. If you want to ogle the random hottie that can dress in tight shorts and a bare midriff tshirt in March, you probably need to head to the south.

Reaction Score
RS999X,
I actually htink that move made sense at the time. I'm not completely sure that the B-12 really had a plan and TxTech was available. They needed to get to 9 teams quickly. Simple as that. As for florida State & Clemson, I get FSU, but nobody ever yet has explained why Clemson is even worth worring about...If the ACC lost just Clemson, while they might not be happy, I'm not sure they'd be all that broken hearted either...

Reaction Score
This is the "daisy dukes" phenomenon, where because it is warm, more women wear skimpy clothes and create a false benchmark in the memory of the men who visit warm climates. The reality is that because of diet and, surprisingly, much less exercise than people in the north get, most women in the south are actually overweight or obese. So for every hottie in daisy dukes at U of Alabama you remember seeing, there are 5 weighing in north of 150 that are sitting at the campus shuttle stop with a box of Krispy Kremes because they are too fat and lazy to walk the half mile to their English Lit class.

The poor diet and exercise impact more than just their weight, since fatty, sugary foods are terrible for the skin and obesity leads to diabetes, which can cause pretty rancid body odor.

Women in the north are, on average, better looking, in better shape and there is more ethnic diversity, but because it is 35 degrees in the morning in mid-April at Storrs, they can't go to class in daisy dukes so you don't remember them as clearly. There are other correlations between higher education levels of women, which is more common in the northeast, and a greater willingness to engage in anal and oral sex, and bisexuality. So, if you are looking for a large population of attractive, in shape women that will do more in bed, then you should stay in the north and particularly the northeast. If you want to ogle the random hottie that can dress in tight shorts and a bare midriff tshirt in March, you probably need to head to the south.
For what its worth, nelson has a point... According to the CDC, the Top 10 States with the highest percentage of obesity were:
Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina and Michigan.
New Jersey ranked 43, Massachusetts 48, Connecticut 49 and New York 42. Over 1/3 of residents of Alabama and Mississippi are obese. If you combine obese with simply overweight, 70% of Alabamans are overweight or obese. So if htey gave a combined award, sort of like the overall event in gymnastics, Alabama is way out in front, and way out behind, and to both sides, too. Only 67% of Mississippians are eithr overwieght or flat out obese...Just a little data to support my man nelson...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This thread is turning "classic". I really do hope that the random Clemson fan pulls this thread up on a Google search and reads the correlation between education, cold weather, obesity, and anal / oral sex. Classic!

By the way, the thread header says (Call us please)....

RS9999X

Reaction Score
There are other correlations between higher education levels of women, which is more common in the northeast, and a greater willingness to engage in anal and oral sex, and bisexuality. .

You never read Falkner? The difference is they keep it in the family :)

RS9999X

Reaction Score
RS999X,
I get FSU, but nobody ever yet has explained why Clemson is even worth worring about...If the ACC lost just Clemson, while they might not be happy, I'm not sure they'd be all that broken hearted either...

I've had it explained to me that Clemson is like Texas High School Football. ---Northerners don't understand

Clemson's Death Valley Stadium:
In 2012, Bleacher Report ranked Death Valley #1 in a power ranking of all 124 college football stadiums, saying, "...this venue is the best place in the country to enjoy a college football game...There are not many fans in the country that are more passionate about their team than this group. When Clemson is playing well and the game is going good, the noise in here is as loud as it gets in college football."

The storied edifice added to its legend when the first meeting of father and son head coaches (Bowden Bowl I) took place before a sellout crowd of more than 86,000 fans in 1999. Clemson has ranked in the top 20 in the nation in average attendance 22 consecutive seasons. That includes 2001 when Clemson set an ACC record for total attendance. Last season, the streak continued when Clemson averaged nearly 79,000 fans per game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom