Clemens not guilty | The Boneyard

Clemens not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw the announcement that Roger Clemens has been cleared of all charges on his perjury trial. I guess the jury found Brian McNamee too untrustworthy. I know there is a difference between "not guilty" and "innocent", but I wonder whether the baseball world will embrace Clemens as one of the great pitchers or if he will get the Mark McGwire treatment?

Reaction Score
I think you mean Pete Rose treatment. Mark McGwire is coaching for the St. Louis Cardinals. Clemens will probably get somewhere in between.

Reaction Score
I think you mean Pete Rose treatment. Mark McGwire is coaching for the St. Louis Cardinals. Clemens will probably get somewhere in between.

Not really the Pete Rose treatment as Clemens hadn't been banned by baseball regardless of the outcome of his trial. Maybe McGwire wasn't the right example, but I'm thinking of guys like Rafael Palmiero and Barry Bonds. Great, HOF caliber players that are somewhat shunned by baseball. For example, do you foresee Clemens attending a Yankee Old Timers Day any time soon?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The Barry Bonds treatment. They will.share the same fate. Not convicted, but not believed, either.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Bonds pretty much admitted to steroid use. He gave in, from what I've read. Bonds would be welcome at Giants old timer events. Clemens will be signing stuff at memorabilia/card shows in NYC, Boston and Toronto. And maybe Houston.

Reaction Score
I could care less at this point if he lied and it made no difference when it came up........the waste of time and money is beyond ridiculous and someone in politics should pay for even making this a fn issue......everyone lies, 1/2 of baseball rubs crap on their knees - big deal!!!!!!!:eek:

Reaction Score
I could care less at this point if he lied and it made no difference when it came up........the waste of time and money is beyond ridiculous and someone in politics should pay for even making this a fn issue......everyone lies, 1/2 of baseball rubs crap on their knees - big deal!!!!!!!:eek:
Oh please. The amount of time and money the federal government spent on this compared to issues involving the budget, national security, etc. is like a drop in the Pacific Ocean. Stop with that nonsense. Government has hearings every day on issues that will never affect you or me.
And if Congress feels someone lied to them (which Clemens did), under oath, than they absolutely should pursue perjury charges. What kind of example does that set NOT to do so? Clemens was arrogant and defiant from the moment he first testified right through yesterday. He brought this onto himself.

The bottom line is after the Mitchell report, Congress felt it needed to guide Selig and Fehr into meaningful drug testing. And for that we can be thankful.

Speaking of Clemens, I can't help but think about what the hell was going on in that yankees clubhouse. You had pitchers like Clemens putting Icy Hot on their crotch before games and you had hitters wearing the Golden Thong and passing it along to other Yankees hitters to try to get players out of slump. ...without washing it.

Pride Power Pinstripes????

Reaction Score
Oh please. The amount of time and money the federal government spent on this compared to issues involving the budget, national security, etc. is like a drop in the Pacific Ocean. Stop with that nonsense. Government has hearings every day on issues that will never affect you or me.
And if Congress feels someone lied to them (which Clemens did), under oath, than they absolutely should pursue perjury charges. What kind of example does that set NOT to do so? Clemens was arrogant and defiant from the moment he first testified right through yesterday. He brought this onto himself.

The bottom line is after the Mitchell report, Congress felt it needed to guide Selig and Fehr into meaningful drug testing. And for that we can be thankful.

Speaking of Clemens, I can't help but think about what the hell was going on in that yankees clubhouse. You had pitchers like Clemens putting Icy Hot on their crotch before games and you had hitters wearing the Golden Thong and passing it along to other Yankees hitters to try to get players out of slump. ...without washing it.

Pride Power Pinstripes????

You continue to look like a dope.......never was much of a Clemens fan and any real Yankee fan never took Rog in as anything more than an ex-Red Sox pitcher........get a grip dude you're losing it. Only you seemingly care about Red Hot. Golden Thongs and crotches!!

Reaction Score
I love how all Yankees fans now who were puffing out their chest as he was striking out 15 mariners in a playoff game are now running for the hills trying to wash their hands from him.
During his time in NY he was roided up to the high heavens. Some of the behind-the-scenes stories are hysterical and some are in Torre's book.
The Golden Thong story is separate. I'll give Jeter credit, when the thong was passed to him he politely declined. He may have been the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom