Clearly...Geno has to go. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Clearly...Geno has to go.

Reaction Score
CW might be all america by next season..Liv...no..Boston will be AA the next few seasons..

Reaction Score
Gino has created something incredibly special for all of us in the state of CT. I cannot believe how engaged I am to this team. With that said, all great leaders adjust and adapt some change to their methodology.
Fact. We have had lots of transfers lately and a very limited bench. I know that may change next year with renewed recruiting. !!
Fact. I think we were all yelling with 5 minutes to go in the Baylor game that we needed a spark and fresh legs and ONO may have been that player with Cox getting tired.
I'm not sure what my post to bostonbay has to do with what you posted to me?? I haven't argued either way regarding ONO's benching. As far as Aubrey. she did play. Third, I don't know about "fresh legs." I think that is often an exaggeration from fans. If you spotted it-- great. Maybe you're the exception. I'm always skeptical of fans overall thinking they know the moment that a player is gassed vs how often have they yelled at the tv and said "use your bench" and UCONN went on to win and ended up winning championships with a short bench? I'm skeptical that you know though- but who knows - maybe you do. But if you have a steadfast rule on minutes then imo you're way off base. Is that what you posted to me about? Because I don't know what you mean by "consistent time" either. Does this mean regardless of practices and performance as the all-time greatest wcbb sees it-- he is to give steadfast minutes regardless of how he sees practices and the game - and this change he must undergo is per the untrained eye from an anonymous poster?Actually, I understand in a way. I felt the same way with Tina Charles. But I'm an untrained eye too.

But just so I'm clear; you are telling me you can tell when players are gassed, and that Geno should possibly forego whatever he might see in practices and what he sees during the game and just give minutes based on your tv view? Again - I thought something similar with Tina. It was his coaching tactics of her for the 1st 2 years for me I had issues with a long time ago. That's your issue? Coaching tactics? It's just that as I re-read my post again-- it's the "less than stellar" comment from bostonbay and the "don't win big games" comments that I had issues with. It doesn't seem these things have anything to do with what you posted to me? Because my post had nothing to do with coaching tactics, did it?

A final point on this post regarding the point you made above in bold. I agree in part. But I also think all great leaders become great and maintain being great by avoiding terrible advice too.

Reaction Score
My take on Geno! Great, great coach except every once in a while he forgets? To take a time-out, calm down and re-group the kids! He also used to do double-screens (especially with Dee) that I don’t see anymore. Put them back in Geno. He needs to encourage the younger gals to shoot....ha! We yell at the TV
for the players to Shoot! I’m sure a lot of us do. Can’t wait until 8 pm tonight. Hope we see more shots from the kids that pass them up!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom