Claudell Washington passed away at 65 RIP | The Boneyard

Claudell Washington passed away at 65 RIP

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
17 years in the major leagues. Sweet left-hand swing. Spent his last few years with the Yankees but I remember him mostly as a worthy opponent against NY.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite non-star/famous Yankees. The guy hit a clutch home run every time I watched a game as a kid, including a number when I was in the stands. I was in the bleachers with friends when he hit a two run home run off Guillermo Hernandez in the 18th inning to beat the Tigers 5-4 after going down in the top of the inning (Yes, I looked up the pitcher, but the rest is etched in my brain). We were within a few feet of the ball.

Reaction Score
Always liked him as a player. One of the craziest memories of Washington was his role in Bill Buckner's inside the park home run in 1990 at Fenway Park. People forget that Bucker returned to the Red Sox in 1990 to finish his career and that is when he hit the inside the park home run. Washington was playing right field and he ran into the wall and fell into the stands allowing Buckner to limp around the bases.

Reaction Score
My first thought was also the buckner inside the parker. Listening to that highlight, I forgot how good Ned Martin was

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Decent player. Trails only UL Washington for hairdos for players whose last name was Washington.

Reaction Score
I was at that game too. Behind third base. Was amazing for the few thousand of us that were still in the stadium.
RIP, Claudell.

One of my favorite non-star/famous Yankees. The guy hit a clutch home run every time I watched a game as a kid, including a number when I was in the stands. I was in the bleachers with friends when he hit a two run home run off Guillermo Hernandez in the 18th inning to beat the Tigers 5-4 after going down in the top of the inning (Yes, I looked up the pitcher, but the rest is etched in my brain). We were within a few feet of the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom