Classy Move By Coach Hurley Tonight | The Boneyard

Classy Move By Coach Hurley Tonight

Reaction Score
I wondered about that, why he didn’t put him in because the fouls were no concern with our team depth. Did he say?

Reaction Score
I wondered about that, why he didn’t put him in because the fouls were no concern with our team depth. Did he say?
My take on it was just that once he picked up the 4th with the tech, Hurley had no choice but to sit him until about 5 minutes left, just in case you need him at the end of the game. Once we went up doubt digits, and we hit that 5 minute mark, you take more risk by putting him in because by that point Hawk is ice cold and likely to struggle a bit. Why risk that when the team was playing great and rolling.

Pretty sure that was the thought process.

Reaction Score
My take on it was just that once he picked up the 4th with the tech, Hurley had no choice but to sit him until about 5 minutes left, just in case you need him at the end of the game. Once we went up doubt digits, and we hit that 5 minute mark, you take more risk by putting him in because by that point Hawk is ice cold and likely to struggle a bit. Why risk that when the team was playing great and rolling.

Pretty sure that was the thought process.
I think this is the right take. If we needed him in the last five minutes, we would have seen him. We didn’t.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It didn't matter who we played last night..all lineups were firing. Good time to make a point like this.

Reaction Score
What’s the point of putting in a cold shooter who hasn’t had a chance to get in rhythm when the squad on the floor is maintaining your double digit lead and ends up blowing them out by 18?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was a Calhoun-esque message sending benching.

We can win with you or without you. Check the ego and make sure you are ready to contribute when on the floor.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what some of you would do if you couldn’t find something to complain about.

We're from New England--it's what we do.

No complaints so far this season from me though. Coaching staff and players have all been firing on all cylinders.

Reaction Score
It's always great when you teach your star a important lesson in a win.

This incident will make Hawk a better, smarter player and teammate. It's nice he has competitive fire. It just needs a little tempering.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hawk will be fine
No worries

Reaction Score
Pretty simple. He sat because it was his 4th foul. Period. Didn't need to bring him in, so anything else is speculation. Stop adding your interpretation to DH's move. Does anyone actually know what he said to draw the T?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not sure what some of you would do if you couldn’t find something to complain about.
Not find something to complain about? Oh you underestimate us sir.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom