Classless UK Fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Classless UK Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are good and bad apples in every fan base. I'm sure if there were a UConn thread like this in a UK forum UConn fans would be screaming that the few troublemakers aren't accurately representative of the entire fan base. Gotta take an upset fan after their team lost with a grain of salt.

Reaction Score
We UConn fans are usually really nice and civil until you give us a reason not to be, then it can get ugly. I was super embarrassed though when we were playing Tulsa in the AAC semis and this really drunk UConn fan started swearing and hurling insults to this kid who was probably 9 in a Temple shirt for no reason whatsoever.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
huskyjawz said:
Wow, lot of orange in San Anton.

I remember that. until they lost to GTech and the orange vanished.

Reaction Score
All the UK fans I have met have been good people. Duke had the worst fans I have every interacted with, by far.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
All the UK fans I have met have been good people. Duke had the worst fans I have every interacted with, by far.

Agreed - went to the game at the IZOD Center earlier this season and was not impressed with the numbskulls Duke brought.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I've never met a decent ND fan in my life. Not one. But I've had some friendly conversations with ND fans on the internet.

My brother has been going to the games at the Rent since it opened. He says WVU fans were the worst. Must be something in the water in Appalachia.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

In Tampa we ended up parking next to an "Iron Duke", one of their big-money boosters. He explained how each team gets one exception to the Duke's admission policy. "Even football gets only one" he said "That's why we can never get a good tailback"

Reaction Score
I can't generalize about UK fans because I haven't met many. But during the Kemba magical run, we happened to be on the last night of a cruise when we were playing them in the FF semis. The ship actually showed the game on a big screen in the main atrium. There were maybe 3-4 hundred people watching. No exaggeration, maybe 5-10 rooted for UK and the rest were all for UConn, most of whom probably had zero connection to Storrs. The place got very noisy the better our guys played.

After winning 5 in a row, that might have been the most uniformly loved UConn team. Kemba had charisma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom