Classic regular season games, 1995 | The Boneyard

Classic regular season games, 1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
UConn was undefeated and playing Syracuse for the first #1 national ranking ever for the good guys on 2/12/95. The next game was against Georgetown on 2/14/95.

The SU game was an extremely well played game against Moten and Wallace, among others. The game against Georgetown was more of a rock fight/war as they brought in one big guy after another (Reid, Harrington, and others). In the second half, they brought in this freshman named Jahidi White, who knocked our interior guys around like bowling pins. Oh, and there was a little guy named Iverson who almost took the game over in the second half. Aw on Allen.

Some nice games by Hayward and Ollie. Allen was great against SU, contained by GTown (although haven't seen the last 12 minutes yet).

A couple of great games to check out on UConn Husky Games. (The Gtown game is missing a chunk of the first part of the game).

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Fun week, until of course we went home to Gampel and got taken behind the woodshed by Kittles and Eberz. I was a kid and went to that game with my dad -- more than two decades later and that memory still hurts.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Fun week, until of course we went home to Gampel and got taken behind the woodshed by Kittles and Eberz. I was a kid and went to that game with my dad -- more than two decades later and that memory still hurts.

Nice run, though. Maybe it hurts less with the lens of time, but some big moments at that time. First time #1, first time #1 in both men and women's hoops, most Big East wins in a row (don't know if it stands). Iverson had UConn on the ropes and they came back and beat them. Such a smart team. There was one stretch where Donny Marshall, Kevin Ollie, Ray Allen, and Doron Sheffer all made really smart plays to take the momentum away from GTown on their home court. Funny thing, there is no Villanova game after the SU/GT games on the UConnHuskyGames website. I sure didn't save games like that. It's like it never happened. Enjoy those two games, if anyone is into it, as Kevin Ollie has some great moments and to be honest, it is fun to see Iverson as a freshman. Wow, he was a freak in his own way. The Husky press just took the game away from them...it was a thing of beauty.

Reaction Score
I remember that Villanova game. Had season tickets under the hoop, 1st row opposite the student section . Walking to Gampel, some guy with 3 little kids offered us $2000 for our 4 seats. We said no. Those were big games and good days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom