Class S Ansonia v Woodland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Class S Ansonia v Woodland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A great game next year would be Ansonia v Brookfield in the SWC/NVL challenge. Both teams bring back plenty of offense.

Reaction Score
Woodland has done a pretty good job containing him so far. Ansonia-Woodland have probably played 6 or 7 times over the Newsome era, if any team was due to slow him down it was them (at least for the 1st half).

Playing a conference rival in the playoffs is always tough. How dis they match-up in the regular season? I thought Seymour, another NVL team, gave Ansonia the closest scare this season.

BTW - how is Woodland a regional HS? Beacon Falls and Prospect are not even next to each other.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
A great game next year would be Ansonia v Brookfield in the SWC/NVL challenge. Both teams bring back plenty of offense.

Lots of Sophomores on the Brookfield team, they'll be good for the next few years.

Reaction Score
Playing a conference rival in the playoffs is always tough. How dis they match-up in the regular season? I thought Seymour, another NVL team, gave Ansonia the closest scare this season.

BTW - how is Woodland a regional HS? Beacon Falls and Prospect are not even next to each other.
Seymour wasn't that good, i think 6-5 on the year. They played on a rainy night and Seymour was able to run the ball.
It was cheaper for the Prospect kids to go to Woodland than to Wolcott and I'm pretty sure they didn't want Naugatuck.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Totally agree, Mr. C. For weeks I've assumed Woodlands was some HS in the Northern corners of Connecticut. Googled it tonight and was surprised it's in Beacon Falls.

Referring to Beacon Falls as Woodland is almost as sad as losing half of downtown Derby to "progress".

Reaction Score
Where the HS is located in Beacon Falls it's about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from both the Oxford and Seymour town lines.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Where the HS is located in Beacon Falls it's about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from both the Oxford and Seymour town lines.

Thanks, OB. But I put those coordinates in Google maps and got this...

1533557385_502d479752.jpg

Reaction Score
It was sweet, hit hard 7 yards deep in backfield spins out and goes for 18. He definitely doesn't look that strong, but he doesn't go down on first contact.
Another Donald Brown... we can all hope.

Reaction Score
Totally agree, Mr. C. For weeks I've assumed Woodlands was some HS in the Northern corners of Connecticut. Googled it tonight and was surprised it's in Beacon Falls.

Referring to Beacon Falls as Woodland is almost as sad as losing half of downtown Derby to "progress".

Beacon Falls should have partnered with Oxford on a high school. BTW, there is a downtown Derby? LOL.

Reaction Score
Oxford has disassociated itself from the valley. Sort of like the fictional town of Huntington. They historically went to Seymour High until a couple of years ago.
The Rest of the Valley doesn't include beacon falls. It's kind of lumped in with Naugatuck as a no man land buffering the Valley from waterbury
Don't knock Derby. For 5 sq miles they have quite a bit.
A good Hospital , Lowes, Home Depot, Roseland , Archie Moores and two libraries.
Compared to The burgs in rural Ct it's like NYC.

Reaction Score
Oxford has disassociated itself from the valley. Sort of like the fictional town of Huntington. They historically went to Seymour High until a couple of years ago.
The Rest of the Valley doesn't include beacon falls. It's kind of lumped in with Naugatuck as a no man land buffering the Valley from waterbury
A good Hospital , Lowes, Home Depot, Roseland , Archie Moores and two libraries.

I believe Beacon Falls used to send kids to Seymour and Naugatuck high schools. Prospect used to send their kids to Naugatuck and Wolcott. Oxford’s kids all went to Seymour, which is why Seymour dropped from M to S when Oxford built its own high school.
Most of my family is from the Valley with relatives in Seymour, Ansonia, Derby, and Shelton (not Huntington!) and later Beacon Falls. Roseland is very good; but, in my opinion, Pepe’s (original) in New Haven is better. I still remember the River Restaurant going-up and vaguely remember watching a huge fire at an old plant along the river from Oak Cliff Cemetery.
Derby used to be great middle of the road, family town; but, the schools nowadays are crap and people flee as soon as possible or send their kids to ND-WH/Sacred Heart or St. Joe’s. Way back in the 80’s when the population bombed, Derby and Ansonia should have merged schools; but, town politics made that impossible.

Reaction Score

I'm from Huntington, and most people I knew always used it to describe as where in Shelton one lived, not as a separate town. Shelton is broken up into White Hills, Huntington, Downtown, & the long hill areas for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom