Class/roster size | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Class/roster size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taurasi - was there 4 years but didn't finish her degree requirements so "didn't finish 4 years of college which is 120 credits for most
DT finished her 4 years college but completed her degree the year after. I never ask to finish 120 credits nor WNBA in my post. We don't need speculation at this moment.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If you want to speculate that it's OK with me. I was just stating facts. I wasn't speculating. The two I named are eligible for the draft. That's all. My hope is that they do whatever is best for them. Some here seem to only want what's best for the team.
The definition of “speculation” is the forming of a theory or conjecture without evidence. What evidence do you have that either Megan or Evina will declare for the draft at the end of this season?

Reaction Score
The definition of “speculation” is the forming of a theory or conjecture without evidence. What evidence do you have that either Megan or Evina will declare for the draft at the end of this season?

All I said was that they are eligible after posts speculated about the size of next year's roster. Someone said they weren't and I corrected them. Does anyone deny the facts?

Reaction Score
Evidence. Both Westbrook and Walker will be eligible for the 2020 WNBA draft. Saying they will or won't is speculation. I said neither.

Reaction Score
Well if we’re just speculating, what if, in addition to Megan & Evina declaring for the draft, Liv, Christyn, Anna & Aubrey all enter the transfer portal? Then UConn would have to play the whole season with 5 freshmen and no subs.....:confused:

Yes, that is true. But Inferences based on other inferences is not evidence.

Reaction Score

Never said they would. Only that they are eligible.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
All I said was that they are eligible after posts speculated about the size of next year's roster. Someone said they weren't and I corrected them. Does anyone deny the facts?
Based on the facts we currently know, next year’s roster will have 11 players on it: 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores & 5 freshmen. There are no other facts in evidence presently that would lead any thoughtful individual to believe anything else.

Reaction Score
Based on the facts we currently know, next year’s roster will have 11 players on it: 2 seniors, 2 juniors, 2 sophomores & 5 freshmen. There are no other facts in evidence presently that would lead any thoughtful individual to believe anything else.

I feel like I'm back in my logic class.

We don't know next year's roster size because there are several variables. I named one. Another is the possibility of transfers. Another is injury. There are others but my point is that of the nine current players, 5 will have exhausted their eligibility if they remain healthy. Another 2 are eligible to enter the draft.

Anything beyond that is speculation. And the speculation started before I entered the discussion.

Reaction Score
That’s an extremely remote possibility. UConn will be Megan’s team next year as a senior. She’s not going anywhere. Evina too has lots of reasons to play next year: winning a championship, developing her game, advancing her draft stock and, perhaps most importantly, a return trip to Knoxville as part of the reviled UConn Huskies WBB team.

Losing either to an unexpected WNBA decision would be disappointing to all of us who are expecting them to play. However, we've been surprised before and just because I think they would want to stay for reasons like getting revenge on a former team doesn't necessarily reflect their thinking.

MUCH more of an open question with Evina than Megan. Megan's path has been fairly straight-forward absent the drama and disruptions of Evina. How much frustration, fatigue, anger this may/may not have imparted to her is likely a developing story as she rides the pine in the shadows rather than leading a championship charge in the national limelight.

Everyone has pressures and expectations. Perhaps family or financial factors may influence what she chooses as best for herself/family after the tumultuous - and unexpected - college career she's endured to-date.

Hope this is a low probability scenario, but to say this CAN'T happen I don't believe is prudent.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I feel like I'm back in my logic class.

We don't know next year's roster size because there are several variables. I named one. Another is the possibility of transfers. Another is injury. There are others but my point is that of the nine current players, 5 will have exhausted their eligibility if they remain healthy. Another 2 are eligible to enter the draft.

Anything beyond that is speculation. And the speculation started before I entered the discussion.
This is a circular discussion. We do know next year’s roster size pending any additional event(s) that have not happened and are unlikely to happen.

Reaction Score
Four players are leaving after this year. That leaves Olivia, Christyn, Megan, Anna, Aubrey and Evina, plus the recruiting class. Eleven is hardly a large number of players. I remember Breanna recruiting players because that had too few.
Its 5 players leaving.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can you name any UConn player turned 22 but not finish 4 years college went to WNBA?
Not UConn players, but I think Jewell Loyd, Jackie Young, and Amanda Zahui-B fit the other part of the description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom