Clarification on Two Calls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Clarification on Two Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
o.k. That makes sense. I thought the rule was otherwise (I cold swear that years ago the rule was otherwise) but at least that makes sense.

Reaction Score
Contact was not possession. And therefore, no fumble. Too much subjectivity as to what they "attempted." The rule is black/white. Covered in endzone by receiving team = TB. 25 yard line.
I understand the rule, and understand it's not a fumble or a safety, just stating my opinion that the rule should be changed to place the ball where contact was made, that's all. But alas, my opinion doesn't mean jack in regards to the CFB rule book.

Reaction Score
On the kickoff, that rule needs revising. I don't care how the ball gets there. If you try to get it out, then you ought to concede the touchback, and if you get tackled in the end zone then it should be safety.

The way the rule is written now, the receiving team has very low risk in attempting to run the ball out.

Reaction Score
I understand the rule, and understand it's not a fumble or a safety, just stating my opinion that the rule should be changed to place the ball where contact was made, that's all. But alas, my opinion doesn't mean jack in regards to the CFB rule book.
true dat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate