City 6 United 1 | The Boneyard

City 6 United 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for a season or so, then people will tire of City buying their success a la ManU and Chelski and look for any other team to beat them as well.

Reaction Score
This result has been coming for a long time. United fan since 1990; and "true believer" when it come to the manager. BUT, my biggest complaint is the lack of elite level creativity and goal scoring from central midfield. My concern started in 2009 when, despite Cristiano Ronaldo still being in the fold, United had no answer for Xavi and Iniesta and were categorically and comprehensively undone by Barcelona in the Champions League Final at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. The score was flattering to United at 2-0. Fergie failed to address the issue; and it just got worse at Wembley this past Spring. He either chose not to or was unable to sign Wesley Sneijder away from Inter during this past summer. And, in fact, said that nobody could replace Paul Scholes except either Xavi or Iniesta. He was and is wrong. Scholes was very good but never in the class of either Spaniard; and Sneijder would have amply filled his(Scholes') boots.

I had grave concerns but, after some solid early displays by the combination of Cleverly and Anderson, was never hopeful that they had enough to play with Barca but could possibly retain their EPL crown. Anderson has reverted to the defensively lazy, poor decision maker who is rarely consistent with even the simple pass. Cleverly is still recovering from a foot injury. And Fletcher,Carrick and Park are and always will be squad players who will never inject an ounce of creativity never mind goals in the middle of the field. United were undone in the center of the park early today; and it just got worse after Jonny "Mr. Red Card" Evans got sent off. Once again Fergie has a critical decision to make about what happens in the middle. And I sincerely hope he doesn't repeat the same choices that led to the Wembly debacle this past Spring. If he does, the EPL trophy as well as any other hardware on offer will be resting elsewhere in May.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I really think Fergie has turned gallons of water into fine wine with some of the kids he's playing right now. But they entered the day allowing more shots on goal than any team in the league, which was a recipe for disaster against a team that reminds me of the Miami football teams of their heyday, in their total ruthlessness.

Reaction Score
I really think Fergie has turned gallons of water into fine wine with some of the kids he's playing right now. But they entered the day allowing more shots on goal than any team in the league, which was a recipe for disaster against a team that reminds me of the Miami football teams of their heyday, in their total ruthlessness.
I have to say you are spot on about leaking goals. I'm fully willing to turn over the back line to the DaSilva brothers,Jones,and Smalling with Vidic(for now) leading the defense. Rio and Evra are past their "sell by" date and need minutes reduced. And Evans is not capable of serious minutes and responsibility with this team. Let's bite the bullet(even if it means more losses) and give the experience to the young guys(and the future). He still needs to buy a top quality central mid! :) City have talent and depth of talent no doubt. But United were not undone by that yesterday. Fergie is the master; and the future(again) is in his hands.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Made my heart leap with joy. :) (and I hate City)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arsenal beats Chelsea 5-3. Very exiting game. (really crappy defense by both teams) Almost got to watch all of it. Power went off 80th minute. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom