Circling Back to Student Section Criticisms | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Circling Back to Student Section Criticisms

Reaction Score
Would love to hear the thoughts of those at today's (and other recent) games regarding student section attendance and energy as this had been a point of criticism earlier in the season. As a student, I had a great time both Wednesday and today and am excited for Villanova on Tuesday!

I have been calling out the student section for 7-8 years. Great job yesterday but overall it’s been atrocious. It’s easy to walk .5 mile to Gampel, I’d like to see the students show up in Hartford. I know it stinks getting there but the team feeds off the students energy.

Reaction Score
UConn takes the smartest kids from great schools - they know the product - they might not know the backstory but they expect what they have been raised on - championship basketball. Students now don't know what it was like in the 80's and 90's.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have been calling out the student section for 7-8 years. Great job yesterday but overall it’s been atrocious.
Depends where you snap the chalk line. The student section has usually been ready for the big moments but there weren't very many in the AAC. I think they are all the way back, at least for the rest of this year. Like the team, they need to prove it every year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I appear to be in the minority based on reading this thread, but I thought those canned chants were so dumb. Give me a loud student section and Big Red going into timeouts like today and it's 100x better
The U C O N N chant after a big play where the opponent calls a timeout is one of best chants in college basketball in my opinion. Timing is everything with those chants.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Insane crowd. Maybe we need a Turkish fight song to amp things up?
And some flares. Nothing says team spirit like some drunk idiot weaving around a flare in a crowded indoor venue.

Reaction Score
The U C O N N chant after a big play where the opponent calls a timeout is one of best chants in college basketball in my opinion. Timing is everything with those chants.
Especially when the foxsports music interrupts right after the U. EPIC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom