Cincy's up on ND in the 4Q, but.... | The Boneyard

Cincy's up on ND in the 4Q, but....

Reaction Score
...if they had our kicker they'd be up by more than 2 scores... They are outplayed ND, but their kicker is not very good. Two short FGs missed @ ND is a recipe for disaster.
I'm rooting for Cincy. They've got 2 former UConn players, LB Darrian Beavers & OT James Tunstall, both starters...

10:44 left in the game. A lot can happen in that little bit if time...

Reaction Score
And New Canaan, CT native just threw a TD pass for ND...BUT, the kicker misses the extra point! (smh)

8:20 left in the game.

Cincy up 17-13

Reaction Score
Wow, Ritter is for real. Just scored on a QB keeper @ ND late. I can see him playing in the NFL. Maybe not immediately, but, if he goes to the right team, and is able to sit and learn a few tricks, he can stick up there for awhile

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta go for two there. Make it and you are up by 12. Need two TD's to extend game. You score a TD and make the PTA and you're up by 11. TD and 2 pt conversion ties game. You miss it an TD and XP ties it. Either way being up by 10 or 11 is TD/XP and FG at some level. Up by 12 means two TD's.

Reaction Score
Cincy pulled it off. Beat ND... They deserved it too

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder why Kelly can’t get them over the hill

Reaction Score
Wow!! What a game. Wish UConn had Ridder. That pass of 30 yards down the middle to a TE in double coverage was a thing of beauty. And gosh, has he got quick feet or what?

Reaction Score
Gotta go for two there. Make it and you are up by 12. Need two TD's to extend game. You score a TD and make the PTA and you're up by 11. TD and 2 pt conversion ties game. You miss it an TD and XP ties it. Either way being up by 10 or 11 is TD/XP and FG at some level. Up by 12 means two TD's.
Nooooooooo way. Go up 11 and then they need a FG, TD + 2pt.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I am enjoying the playoff chase this year. Clemson is out...Ohio State may be out. ND is out. So it's Alabama plus 3.

I think Cincy has a real shot.

Reaction Score
Gotta wonder why Kelly can’t get them over the hill
As soon as Kelly's team play a team with a stout defense, they get exposed as being overrated. It's proved every time they make it into the playoffs. They get absolutely destroyed every. Single. Time. Cincinnati is making a case they should be given the opportunity to play in the playoffs. Will they? Probably not unfortunately.

Reaction Score
As soon as Kelly's team play a team with a stout defense, they get exposed as being overrated. It's proved every time they make it into the playoffs. They get absolutely destroyed every. Single. Time. Cincinnati is making a case they should be given the opportunity to play in the playoffs. Will they? Probably not unfortunately.
Undefeated Cinci will be in contention but they desperately need Oregon and okla to lose.

Reaction Score
I’m a long time Irish fan but any coach who comes up with a game plan that includes 3 quarterbacks isn’t going to win games against Top 10 teams. He might as well have a plane fly over the stadium skywriting “ None of our QBs deserve to start.”

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm just happier than a pig in you know what, ND lost. As a Boilermaker fan I like anyone that beats ND. They have in my opinion almost always been overrated. Like @DoctorWho85 stated anytime they play a team with a defense they get creamed. I would take a one loss team over an undefeated ND because they will not win a NC. They have a cream puff schedule to include Wisconsin who was overrated this season. So the only ranked team that they have played is Cincy at home and they lost.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kelly is kind of in a pinch with the Cincy situation. He wanted to play that game as he needs the attention for Ohio recruiting particularly the southern Ohio Catholic leagues which have long time provided ND a ton of talent. He loses and now Fickell can tell a recruit we went in and beat ND. Fickell is already landing some of those kids before they beat them. I just wonder if he(Nd) schedules a rematch. Fickell is on the threshold of having kids looking to play for him which given the job and the situation 5 years ago is almost unfathomable. It's got to be one of the better coaching runs for a first time guy in recent memory. As tough as that loss to Georgia was in the NY bowl, it looks to have definitely helped with national perception. They have a much better chance this year of making that CFB if they run the table. It would be nice to see as I think it helps all of the other underdogs, and i believe Fickell does it the right way.

Reaction Score
It does seem the peach bowl performance, even in a loss, allowed Cincinnati the platform to start the season ranked high which they have capitalized on. Lead GA the whole game and lost on a last second field goal from 50+ yards. Now GA looks like the best team in the country.

Reaction Score
Crazy to think that, not too long ago, Cincy had back-to-back 4-8 seasons. While not hitting the extreme lows of UConn, they weren't so great either and just 4 short years ago eked out a 22-21 win over UConn to end the 2017 season. Including that win, since that day they have gone 36-6 with a peach bowl loss to an excellent Georgia team by 3 in 2020 included in those 6 losses. They didn't have such a prolonged drought like UConn, but the right hire turned a mediocre,sometimes good sometimes struggling team into a national power in quick order who have averaged double-digit wins the past three years (seasons 2, 3, and 4 for Fickell) and are well on their way to maintaining that average this year with a 4-0 start.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Always had respect for Cinci football
Very happy they beat ND - if ND never wins a football game again I would be elated
I remember rooting for ND in the 60s and early 70s when they played the big boys but what they have done to NCAA football with their elitist attitude is crazy
I despise everything ND

Reaction Score
If Cincy runs it they deserve a top 3 spot. Not stuck in an execution game vs Bama.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom