OT: - Cincy's B12 application received via FOIA request | The Boneyard

OT: Cincy's B12 application received via FOIA request

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t know who Matt Brown is, but he is a moron.

That is all they ever are.

Did he think they filled out an actual form? Like the Big 12 has an application form and you fill it out and complete the essay and hope for the best?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You are never supposed to talk about how an opportunity benefits you, but how you will benefit the enterprise. Cincinnati can’t even get one sentence right.

Reaction Score

Did he think they filled out an actual form? Like the Big 12 has an application form and you fill it out and complete the essay and hope for the best?
And had to provide their SAT score.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Its fricking beautiful. Its like an 8th grader sending a note in class asking out his first GF .

Will you go out with me?
(check one)
[ ] YES
[ ] NO

P.S. give back to Brandon at lunch.

Reaction Score

Did he think they filled out an actual form? Like the Big 12 has an application form and you fill it out

What he was hoping for:

"Dear Commissioner Bowlsby: (then that thing where in hand you cross out "Commissioner Bowlsby" and handwrite "Bob")

Jen and I had a great time in Barbados with you and yours (and I will say Barbados made it super easy to transfer the $750K to that "charity" account - LOL). The sun and snorkeling were a great bonus, but next time will remember to put on suntan lotion before stopping for "just one" pina colada on the beach. Ouch! (Hope you fared better then me as I'm still peeling).

Anyhow, now that were back to "real life," and need to follow that administrative protocol nonsense, please consider this as our application to the big 12.

Looking forward to next year big guy.

Sincerely,
Nev"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I really thought there'd be some kind of persuasive language in it for the formality.

Reaction Score
What he was hoping for:

"Dear Commissioner Bowlsby: (then that thing where in hand you cross out "Commissioner Bowlsby" and handwrite "Bob")

Jen and I had a great time in Barbados with you and yours (and I will say Barbados made it super easy to transfer the $750K to that "charity" account - LOL). The sun and snorkeling were a great bonus, but next time will remember to put on suntan lotion before stopping for "just one" pina colada on the beach. Ouch! (Hope you fared better then me as I'm still peeling).

Anyhow, now that were back to "real life," and need to follow that administrative protocol nonsense, please consider this as our application to the big 12.

Looking forward to next year big guy.

Sincerely,
Nev"
Hilarious. That is the type of transparency we need!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Perhaps this was just an ask correspondence that is a formality to state desire, invitation for discussion and any/all pertinent data needed will be submitted as requested?
This is not an "application", just the initial formality
It most likely satisfies FOI needs for the school
Why would anyone want it and who is this Matt Brown?

Reaction Score
State Universities understand they are subject to FOIA requests for all official documents. There obviously exists a detailed powerpoint or similar document making the case that Cincy isn't a beggar but an institution that brings value to the Big XII. But this Brown guy either wasn't smart enough to draft a FOIA request that covered it, or Cincy is able to keep it unofficial enough that they don't have to disclose it.

Reaction Score
Here you go. Should we leave him a tip in his tip jar for his FOIA contribution to the Boneyard?
Screenshot_20210916-123147_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210916-123259_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
“Me job want.”
Reminds me of Moses Malone talking about Hakeem Olajuwon and how he played with him in the summer in Houston when Hakeem was in college. Moses said “Me learned him too much”. At that point, Hakeem with the Rockets was still in the playoffs and Moses (now in Philly) had been eliminated.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I didn't bother to post this earlier, but it occurs to me that people may not realize that in all likelihood the letter was written at the Big 12's request as a proforma defense to a claim of tortious interference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom