Cincy's Art Long sentenced | The Boneyard

Cincy's Art Long sentenced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
One of Huggins finest, Art Long; yes, the guy who punched a police horse in 95, was sentenced in NY today to 9 years. He was guilty of posession and sale of a number of drugs along with a small weapons cache.

Reaction Score
Animal abusers are the lowest of the low. I have no sympathy for a creep like him.
They are pretty low but in the pecking order I have serial killers, child molesters, child abusers and rapists ahead.

Reaction Score
Is the guy actually an animal abuser or was the horse punch more of a spontaneous thing? I'm not familiar with the story.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Is the guy actually an animal abuser or was the horse punch more of a spontaneous thing? I'm not familiar with the story.

Still inexcusable, no matter what the circumstance. I guess I suppose if the horse was about to kill or gravely injure someone and he was stopping it that'd be one thing, but that was not the case.

Reaction Score
Still inexcusable, no matter what the circumstance. I guess I suppose if the horse was about to kill or gravely injure someone and he was stopping it that'd be one thing, but that was not the case.

Inexcusable for sure, I'm just not sure I'd classify somebody who punches an animal in an act of frustration as an abuser.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
SMH 20 years later he is still referred to as "former UC star".

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Inexcusable for sure, I'm just not sure I'd classify somebody who punches an animal in an act of frustration as an abuser.

I like to think that even at our worst, most people would be above doing that. I suppose it's an incidence of animal abuse, I can't prove he did it chronically so the label may be unfair.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
He and another fine young Bearcat (Danny Fortson) were drunk driving near campus when they yelled something at a mounted officer. The officer called ahead to cruiser you detained them. Long then punched the horse 4 times in the neck and was subsequently arrested. If

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Animal abusers are the lowest of the low. I have no sympathy for a creep like him.
I cannot tolerate animal abuse. Seeing those commercials on TV make me sick. I had horses and privately bred West Highland Terriers. No more. However, people were screened heavily by me for a pup. Happy to say all our kids have great homes with Doctors and Nurses at Penn State/Milton Hershey hospital. We get pictures almost weekly.
One couple with 2 daughters are huge Penn State fans. They go to every home game (football). They have two of our pups and dress them up in Penn State attire. That is surely animal abuse.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I cannot tolerate animal abuse. Seeing those commercials on TV make me sick. I had horses and privately bred West Highland Terriers. No more. However, people were screened heavily by me for a pup. Happy to say all our kids have great homes with Doctors and Nurses at Penn State/Milton Hershey hospital. We get pictures almost weekly.
One couple with 2 daughters are huge Penn State fans. They go to every home game (football). They have two of our pups and dress them up in Penn State attire. That is surely animal abuse.

I agree unless they make the switch to a Terrance Samuel basketball uniform.

APA

Reaction Score
One of Huggins finest, Art Long; yes, the guy who punched a police horse in 95, was sentenced in NY today to 9 years. He was guilty of posession and sale of a number of drugs along with a small weapons cache.

Thank God none of Calhoun's players ever committed a crime. #Glass houses.

Reaction Score
Thank God none of Calhoun's players ever committed a crime. #Glass houses.
...and those crimes are always discussed here too.... So what's your point?

APA

Reaction Score
Why should anyone take joy in the failings of another person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom