Cincy | The Boneyard

Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati just lost at Memphis 63-50 tonight. I bring this up for 2 reasons.

1. This is once again a reminder it is not easy to win on the road in conference play, even in this conference. I thought we played lousy the other night, but Tulsa is a decent team and we were on the road. Have to come to play every night, especially on the road.

2. Cincy is now 11-5, 2-2 in the American. This afternoon, Lunardi has us as the 2nd 4 out of the tournament, with Cincy in as a 7 seed. I know Cincy's RPI today was 37, and they 3 Top 50 wins (SMU, San Diego St, NC State) but they now have a loss to a Top 100 RPI team. I understand they have a better profile than UCONN (RPI 70, 2 Top 50 wins) but is it that big of a discrepancy, considering we beat them? I don't think Cincy is the lock everyone says they are.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
We turn the ball over way too much and haven't progressed much since the win over SMU. Tonight we gave it away on over 33% of our possessions. When UC doesn't turn the ball over we are quite good, as long as we don't lose to any of the dregs of the league, I still think we're solidly in. No one is a "lock" at this point but barring a collapse we are in good shape in my opinion. We are going through the toughest part of our schedule: San Diego State, VCU, Wagner, @NC State, SMU, ECU, @Uconn, @Memphis, Temple.

Reaction Score
And the Memphis team we all say is having an awful year officially has a better record than us.

Reaction Score
And the Memphis team we all say is having an awful year officially has a better record than us.
Before tonight their best win was North Carolina Central, who cares what their record is, they are awful.

Reaction Score
When you have a team with sh___y offense and a great defense, you can hang with great teams, and lose to the worst. We empathize.

Reaction Score
You guys realize we have been missing a PG to steady our offense so of course we are going to look like most of the year. Kendren Johnson finally returning to the All SEC player he was at Vandy. Just got to keep grinding away.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Last night was fun, dinner at Dyers on Beale, and Tiger hoops at FedExForum...glad to see the fans returning...looks like Pastner is a better coach than Larry Davis.

02D454DB-1CC6-477A-B620-4FFB35E4DD4B_zpscad51beb.jpg

Reaction Score
when you have a team of stone throwers trying to be flame throwers you perpetuate the building of stone walls around your program that do not encourage and actually block the recruits that play pretty because they want no part of bustin keester defense with D emphasis . . to O fensive ( other than sinsy, i wonder who fits in this category as a team that mirrors its preechermanz wit preechermanz regime recruits)

Reaction Score
when you have a team of stone throwers trying to be flame throwers you perpetuate the building of stone walls around your program that do not encourage and actually block the recruits that play pretty because they want no part of bustin keester defense with D emphasis . . to O fensive ( other than sinsy, i wonder who fits in this category as a team that mirrors its preechermanz wit preechermanz regime recruits)

Ay hoap ew ghett hitt buy ey kahr.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You guys realize we have been missing a PG to steady our offense so of course we are going to look like most of the year. Kendren Johnson finally returning to the All SEC player he was at Vandy. Just got to keep grinding away.
Why would you ever transfer from the state of Tennessee to the state of Tennessee. Dude has his priorities messed up.

Reaction Score
Why would you ever transfer from the state of Tennessee to the state of Tennessee. Dude has his priorities messed up.
Kendren was recruited heavily by Pastner when he was in high school. We stop recruiting him because we had Joe Jackson still. Still ended up at Memphis lol

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Kendren was recruited heavily by Pastner when he was in high school. We stop recruiting him because we had Joe Jackson still. Still ended up at Memphis lol
Regardless, Memphis isn't that good. In fact, no team in the AAC is that good. You know how this year's basketball conference will result? Its going to be a giant ***k-fest and logjam with the top 5 teams each having like 4-5 losses. It'll destroy RPI and at-large bids, but it'll make for a good show. Not to Memphis, UConn, or Cincinnati. This is not a "good show." Watching this happen is sickening to me. I'm done now, happy weekend. I started early.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Kedren (Key-dren) Johnson...was kicked out of Vandy, and transferred to Memphis.

Kedren is from the hood, and when Vandy went on the road he gave his dorm keycard to his hood friends so they could play x-box or something...instead, they decided to rob the dorm room it was connected to...and Kedren was kicked out for honor code violation.

He came here to get away from the distractions...and play hoops.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Kedren (Key-dren) Johnson...was kicked out of Vandy, and transferred to Memphis.

Kedren is from the hood, and when Vandy went on the road he gave his dorm keycard to his hood friends so they could play x-box or something...instead, they decided to rob the dorm room it was connected to...and Kedren was kicked out for honor code violation.

He came here to get away from the distractions...and play hoops.
And the FedEx jobs program for hoops players? You guys still have that going for you?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
And the FedEx jobs program for hoops players? You guys still have that going for you?

Yep.

One of Calipari’s first moves was getting a meeting with Frederick W. Smith, the chief executive of FedEx in Memphis. He persuaded Smith to become a team benefactor. He also asked him to help set up a paid summer internship for the Memphis players. Since then 25 basketballers have taken paid summer internships at the delivery giant; one former player took a full-time job at the company. Alan Graf Jr., chief financial officer at FedEx, has pledged $500,000 of personal money to the athletic program. Smith has become one of Calipari’s trusted advisers. “He asks me about organization and management,” says Smith.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/1210/060.html

Picture1-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member