Cincy vs Houston Early Thoughts | The Boneyard

Cincy vs Houston Early Thoughts

Reaction Score
These two teams just with the eye test, are so much better than us. Talent wise it is easy to see. That being said, we held very very close games with them both this year...which goes to show we worked really hard, which is great to see. Gives me promise!

What doesn't give me promise, is that there are 13 minutes left in the the first half and the fouls are 8-2, with cincy in the bonus already. Hate to see a nationally televised game for our conference get slowed down and become a free throw shooting competition for half the game. Not what people wanna see...but we've said it time and time again on here, something needs to be done about these AAC refs.

Reaction Score
Is Houston already locked in as the 1 seed for the tourney, or would Cincy get it if they won today?
If cincy wins they would be tied, with each team losing to eachother, temple, and UCF. So not sure how the tie breaker works.

Reaction Score
If cincy wins they would be tied, with each team losing to eachother, temple, and UCF. So not sure how the tie breaker works.

Houston has the #1 seed. Temple claimed the #3 seed when the Shockers beat the Wave last night. So UCF is #4.

Reaction Score
These refs are really calling a snug game. Houston has so much depth though. The emergence of Chris Harris Jr can’t be understated. Great rim protector. It’s looking like another game of rockem sockem robot war of attrition. Very physical conference.

Reaction Score
These two teams just with the eye test, are so much better than us. Talent wise it is easy to see. That being said, we held very very close games with them both this year...which goes to show we worked really hard, which is great to see. Gives me promise!

What doesn't give me promise, is that there are 13 minutes left in the the first half and the fouls are 8-2, with cincy in the bonus already. Hate to see a nationally televised game for our conference get slowed down and become a free throw shooting competition for half the game. Not what people wanna see...but we've said it time and time again on here, something needs to be done about these AAC refs.
I dont think these teams are that much better. We gave them a tough fight each time we played them. We almost beat Cincy both times, and one of them was without Jalen. I dont know what our situation would be right now if Jalen and Alterique stayed healthy, but I guarantee you, we would be better than 14-16.

Reaction Score
A lot of love from the talking heads right now during the half. Houston up on Cinci.
Here are the seeds yet to be determined.

Attachments

• 9FB4641D-B276-49EB-81DD-EA12EE56B066.png
    9FB4641D-B276-49EB-81DD-EA12EE56B066.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 78

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
we suck. houston is actually really good. hope they make a run. hope we play the first game of the tournament so this season can be over asap.

pj

Reaction Score
we suck. houston is actually really good. hope they make a run. hope we play the first game of the tournament so this season can be over asap.

Is this your mojo-generating board? What are you hoping for on the Cincy board?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
You want to lose in the NCAA tournament?

Reaction Score

Have to disagree on this. They're better no doubt but "so much" nah don't think so. Fully healthy we play with either of them all day but our inexperience keeps us from closing games. We had a chance to win 3 of the 4 vs these 2 again can't close. I respect both teams they play hard but watching this game today they both looked beatable. I'm afraid of one thing about our league in the dance, early exits. I hope I'm wrong because it won't be good for the league but we won't see one on the Sweet 16 I think I'd bet my house on that. Or at least one of your houses.:oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom