Cincy - UGA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincy - UGA

Reaction Score
Cincy’s offensive play calling was atrocious in the second half. They rarely ran the ball with intention. The one time they did was a long touchdown. They had the game won and squandered it. Clock management was even worse. ps —Loved seeing former Husky LB Beavers doing well.
1000%

Reaction Score
I kind of wonder if Fickell isn't protecting his qb there. I was reading his comments after the game, and he really gave a lot of big picture "trying to win" shade. They ran a tight end screen which they do well, but it does give the qb the option to run. My guess is if it wasn't open for the first down he was supposed to tuck it in and run to keep that clock moving, but chucked it downfield instead. Either way, that game was a toss up. They showed physically without their starting rb and their 2 stud def. backfield players they could compete. The critical turn seemed to be Cincy's starting tackle getting tossed for targeting. He was a big, big loss.

Reaction Score
The notion the highest tier of G5 can’t compete is no longer an acceptable proposition. This and the blowouts dictate going to an expanded playoff if there is to be any shred of credibility in the process. 16 teams would be ideal.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I kind of wonder if Fickell isn't protecting his qb there. I was reading his comments after the game, and he really gave a lot of big picture "trying to win" shade. They ran a tight end screen which they do well, but it does give the qb the option to run. My guess is if it wasn't open for the first down he was supposed to tuck it in and run to keep that clock moving, but chucked it downfield instead. Either way, that game was a toss up. They showed physically without their starting rb and their 2 stud def. backfield players they could compete. The critical turn seemed to be Cincy's starting tackle getting tossed for targeting. He was a big, big loss.

Gotta give credit to UGA CB on that 3rd down play.

CB read play and peeled off his man to run 10 yards downfield and break up the pass. QB for Cincy aimed the ball rather than throwing it and allowed UGA CB to make the play.

Reaction Score
That cornerback was actually a 260 pound linebacker.....Georgia dropped their MLB into coverage and he read the quarterback and slid over underneath.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It was a tough loss for Cinci but they are a really good team and could compete in all the P5 conferences
Don't know what the Cinci coach was thinking at the end but he certainly didn't handle time management very well - he and Dan Hurley need to go to a class on that skill

Reaction Score
Either way, that game was a toss up. They showed physically without their starting rb and their 2 stud def. backfield players they could compete.
If you are giving credit to Cincinnati for being without three players are you going to in turn give credit to Georgia being without 10 players.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati, Tulsa, Army....all had their at bats...good games all..but all came up short.

Cincinnati, to me, looked best because of the quality of the opponent...

Tulsa lost to a very bad Mississippi State (3-5)

Army at 9-1 gave 5-4 WVU a good game...,but WVU was a 5-4 team.

Reaction Score
Liberty-Coastal Carolina was one of a bunch of close bowls this year...some great match ups...

The Chanticleers were behind all game until pulling out a tie at about the 3 minute mark...only to lose on an OT field goal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cincy was without some major weapons. If Fickell sticks around, Cincy will be very, very good.

Reaction Score
Cincy was without some major weapons. If Fickell sticks around, Cincy will be very, very good.
They have a serious bunch of recruits coming in and should be very good if Fickle sticks with them.

Reaction Score
It was a tough loss for Cinci but they are a really good team and could compete in all the P5 conferences
Don't know what the Cinci coach was thinking at the end but he certainly didn't handle time management very well - he and Dan Hurley need to go to a class on that skill

Maybe they've been watching Diaco's Youtube channel on game management.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom