Cincy- NC State | The Boneyard

Cincy- NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I feel weird. If we wind up in the ACC I think I'm going to pull for the old BE teams regardless.

Reaction Score
I feel weird. If we wind up in the ACC I think I'm going to pull for the old BE teams regardless.
Ditto that. I genuinely would like to see all 6 remaining BE FB teams land in a BCS league (not called the BE). Sadly, it is unlikely that happens.

Reaction Score
I lost my conference-rooting appetite after all this realignment crap but it's good to see Cinci putting the hurt on NCState.

If anything this tells you we need to be more patient with Coach P. Butch Jones was 4-8 last year and just as disorganized/trying to get his system in. They look much better this year. I hate to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if we go 4-8 this year ourselves despite our fluke of a schedule.

Reaction Score
I'm having no problem at all rooting for Cincy to put a whooping on NC State. Until we get an invite, screw the ACC. Only after we're in will I change my mind and just hate them less.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I will never root for an ACC team in any game, I hate them even more now.

Reaction Score
Ditto that. I genuinely would like to see all 6 remaining BE FB teams land in a BCS league (not called the BE). Sadly, it is unlikely that happens.

Ditto +3

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would love nothing more than going to the ACC and dominating them all in basketball and ascending to the national ranks of football. I will likely never be able to root for any ACC team besides Pitt and Cuse to do well in games not against UConn. This of course is assuming we get an invite. If we don't get an invite then I don't think any UConn fan will ever root for anyone in the ACC.

If we remain in the Big East and the conference somehow lands on its feet and continues down a path of success, maybe then I can root for Pitt or Cuse to dominate the ACC but that would be about it. If we get stuck in the Big East and it dwindles into nothingness, I will forever hate Pitt and Cuse. It's an interesting dynamic developing.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I will never root for an ACC team in any game, I hate them even more now.

I don't care if we get an ACC membership. I will NEVER root for an ACC team. The Big East is where my heart is, and if the Big East folds, then thats where it stays.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Jesse Palmer is surprisingly intelligent tonight. He has been all over NC State's blitzes all night.

Reaction Score
Jesse Palmer is surprisingly intelligent tonight. He has been all over NC State's blitzes all night.

Say what you will about ESPN but they do a good job of coaching up their analysts. It can take a little while, but many of them go from buffoons to pretty articulate commentators.

Reaction Score
Wow, beat down. What was the line on this game? I'm guessing it wasn't Cincy +27.

Cincy by 7 1/2. Looks like they'll cover.

Their offense looks like it's hardly missed a beat from the last 3-4 yrs.

Reaction Score
Ironically, one reason I really want to get into the ACC is so that we will have the stability where I can start rooting for whoever I like and dont have to worry about BCS math, etc. Once in the ACC, I will never ever root for Rutgers. And continue to root against BC, Duke and Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Nippert is such a cool stadium. Imagine if we had a QB with the stature of Zach Collaros. We'd be 3-0. I hope the coaching staff really plays out Nebrich for the remainder of this season. He is probably our best hope.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the knock on cincy is stadium size. if they could make it 50k they would be a stud in the making but the land/building around nip doesn't allow it + paul brown stadium...to bad

Reaction Score
Some think 15,000 seats can be added. I hope Cincy does land in a BCS conference. They played some good football there lately.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i thought i remember reading that expansion of nip wasn't possible after there latest to 35kish. if it can be done just like the rent can be done when needed then thats great for them. i would enjoy groing more as a program with them in the conf doing the same.

Reaction Score

Me too. After a week of this crazinessm the idea of sticking with the BE with WVU, Cincy, USF, Louisville etc. doesn't seem as awful as I imagined. If we fix the management in Providence that would be great too.

I don't see the ACC thing happening.

Reaction Score
Nippert is such a cool stadium. Imagine if we had a QB with the stature of Zach Collaros. We'd be 3-0. I hope the coaching staff really plays out Nebrich for the remainder of this season. He is probably our best hope.

I've really enjoyed my time at Cincy. Nippert Stadium is like no other. How many schools are there with the stadium IN THE MIDDLE of campus. I'm kinda upset their homecoming game will be at Paul Brown, where the Bengals play.

Reaction Score
the knock on cincy is stadium size. if they could make it 50k they would be a stud in the making but the land/building around nip doesn't allow it + paul brown stadium...to bad

They didn't fill Nippert last night. It was almost full, but definitely not full. Until they consistently sell it out, they won't expand. Right now they have a good thing going with Paul Brown. Cincy though is battling a city also filled with tOSU fans as well as massive high school football hysteria (they have two of the top programs in the country.) They've got a good fan base - but to be 45k big, they will have to expand the base.

Reaction Score
Saying Jesse Palmer is "surprisingly intelligent" is redundant, no?

i clicked the "like" button......but that doesnt do justice to how much i enjoy that post.

palmer is quite possibly the dumbest person ive ever seen....right next to matt millen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom