Cincy Holding Up AAC Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincy Holding Up AAC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone see UMass's scheduled? They have BC and Colorado (at Gillette) to open followed by away games at Vanderbilt and Penn State. Not a UMass fan; but, that is a good non-conf schedule.

Reaction Score
You often make good arguments. This is not one of those times.

Why because I don't think that Cincy publicly announcing that they want out will cause irreparable harm to the AAC?

Reaction Score
In another world we would do just that. Even you must admit that it stinks for an AD to say publicly what he did. This isn't about 'speaking truth', it smacks of a lack of professionality- a contempt for your fellow mates. Not a class at, at all. Indeed, very Cinn-like. While I do not dislike them, I have always felt Uconn to be a cut above. And by the way do not knock Tulane and others. Tulane has a lot of money and if they want to put together a high rate FB + BB program they can- faster than Cinn., and might be attractive because of their academics.

Not really. Because every AD in this conference is thinking the same exact thing.

Reaction Score
I just think that it will be a good lesson that actions have consequences. If you want to bash the conference publicly as their AD did, then you shouldn't expect anyone to do you a favor. If Maranatto were still Commissioner he would likely not only do them the favor but show up for the game wearing a kick me sign and force someone else to play 11 games so Cincy wouldn't be inconvenienced.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Why because I don't think that Cincy publicly announcing that they want out will cause irreparable harm to the AAC?
Because that has nothing to do with the discussion. My post was that the AAC should make no special effort to accommodate Cincy's schedule. You are trying to twist that into one of your thought campaigns.

Reaction Score
Because that has nothing to do with the discussion. My post was that the AAC should make no special effort to accommodate Cincy's schedule. You are trying to twist that into one of your thought campaigns.

Thought campaign? So if Cincy is projected to be one of the best teams in the conference then they shouln't be helped in scheduling because that might make conditions more positive in terms of getting into an access bowl?

Wouldn't that be like cutting off the nose to spite the face?

Reaction Score
Anyone see UMass's scheduled? They have BC and Colorado (at Gillette) to open followed by away games at Vanderbilt and Penn State. Not a UMass fan; but, that is a good non-conf schedule.

Yeah, for BCU, Colorado, Vandy and PSU.

Reaction Score
I think it's important that the AAC get the schedules out, sooner than later. There are people that do actually plan around these things.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thought campaign? So if Cincy is projected to be one of the best teams in the conference then they shouln't be helped in scheduling because that might make conditions more positive in terms of getting into an access bowl?

Wouldn't that be like cutting off the nose to spite the face?
The game has already been scheduled and SB was dropped. This is about moving the date of a conference game. I don't care if they have to play 12 consecutive weeks. I care about UConn.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Are Cinci fans ticked at the situation with their schedule? Just imagine if UConn had two byes to start the season and the possibility of having to play 9 consecutive weeks - what kind of ranting and raving there would be on the Yard and social media right now? PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES PEOPLE!!!!

Reaction Score
I think it's important that the AAC get the schedules out, sooner than later. There are people that do actually plan around these things.

Tell me about it. My entire fall revolves around our big match up with Tulane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom