Cincy Holding Up AAC Schedule | The Boneyard

Cincy Holding Up AAC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
got to give them credit, at least they are trying to improve their standing

That's fine, let them pay the price with 9 consecutive games. Why should any conference opponent put a conference game at risk by playing in week 1?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That's fine, let them pay the price with 9 consecutive games. Why should any conference opponent put a conference game at risk by playing in week 1?

You may not have noticed, but it would be week 1 for their opponent too.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's a trade off Cincy. You make a late change to your schedule to improve your chances for the BCS, and you play nine straight weeks. You don't get both your way.

Hope you beat Miami.

Reaction Score
Good luck to them.

So Stony Brook had two FBS opponents on tap this year?

Reaction Score
Screw 'em. I hope after their AD decided to mouth off that the conference does them absolutely no favors. They don't play until week 3, too damn bad about them. I am getting to the point where I hate Cincinnati. Tell 'em, "Fine, we'll accommodate you but only if you give up a home game. You play 5 on the road and 3 at home. Take it or leave it."

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think Cinci is overplaying their hand.....
If they get stuck with week 1 and 2 byes, that is just horrible for them. But why should the AAC do anything to accommodate a school that publicly states it does not want to be in the conference? There is no alternative for Cincy - if it could leave for a P5 it would be gone, but it can't so the AAC is the next best thing (and there really is nothing else).

Reaction Score
If they get stuck with week 1 and 2 byes, that is just horrible for them. But why should the AAC do anything to accommodate a school that publicly states it does not want to be in the conference? There is no alternative for Cincy - if it could leave for a P5 it would be gone, but it can't so the AAC is the next best thing (and there really is nothing else).

I don't see what the big deal is about Cincy being honest about wanting to leave. I prefer that to positive spin Sue and Warde try to cast that absolutely nobody believes.

Reaction Score
I don't see what the big deal is about Cincy being honest about wanting to leave. I prefer that to positive spin Sue and Warde try to cast that absolutely nobody believes.

How is that helpful at all? More specifically, it does THEM no favors at all to speak like publicly. Everyone with a pulse knows the deal.

Reaction Score
How is that helpful at all? More specifically, it does THEM no favors at all to speak like publicly. Everyone with a pulse knows the deal.

Who cares about heliping. This conference is a complete dumpster fire. Anything Cincy says or doesn't say isn't going to change that.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You must not have heard, we are supposed to accept our place in the American right next to Tulsa, Tulane, Temple and ECU.

Reaction Score
Who cares about heliping. This conference is a complete dumpster fire. Anything Cincy says or doesn't say isn't going to change that.

If you think Cincy's AD being truthful is helpful, rather than harmful to both themselves and their current conference mates, we will agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
If you think Cincy's AD being truthful is helpful, rather than harmful to both themselves and their current conference mates, we will agree to disagree.

Actually, I don't think it matters if he says that a bunch of purple cows live on the moon. It's not going to change anything.

Reaction Score
"You want the Truth...You Can't Handle the Truth!"

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That's not the point. The point is - if you're going to bash the conference, don't come crying asking for last-minute changes to your schedule. The AAC owes Cincy no favors.

Reaction Score
That's not the point. The point is - if you're going to bash the conference, don't come crying asking for last-minute changes to your schedule. The AAC owes Cincy no favors.

Gosh, maybe the AAC should just kick Cincy out.

Reaction Score
Cincy can't put 15,000 in their 20,000 seat stadium. What the heck.

Reaction Score
Gosh, maybe the AAC should just kick Cincy out.

In another world we would do just that. Even you must admit that it stinks for an AD to say publicly what he did. This isn't about 'speaking truth', it smacks of a lack of professionality- a contempt for your fellow mates. Not a class at, at all. Indeed, very Cinn-like. While I do not dislike them, I have always felt Uconn to be a cut above. And by the way do not knock Tulane and others. Tulane has a lot of money and if they want to put together a high rate FB + BB program they can- faster than Cinn., and might be attractive because of their academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom