Cincy down 11-4 to an awful Xavier team, early | The Boneyard

Cincy down 11-4 to an awful Xavier team, early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Cincy can't beat Xavier, there will only be 3 teams in the tourney out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
What's up with your early game threads Upstater? You're putting Cincy on upset alert down 11-4? Really?

Early game thread(s)? This is the only one. Just alerting people to the game. Xavier is awful.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
24-10 now...come on Cincy, protect the honor of the mightly AAC!

Reaction Score
Early game thread(s)? This is the only one. Just alerting people to the game. Xavier is awful.

You did the same thing when Maryland was losing to someone really early a few weeks ago, and they won by 30. I like you man, so please don't jump out the window if Standford jumps out to a monstrous 6-2 lead on us next week

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Cincy should have kept Andy Kennedy. (and Bob Huggins for that matter)

Reaction Score
X has a big tubby guy who is just laughing at the Cincy players.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Cincy down by 19 with 4 min left.

Same old Cronin, dribble drive and crash the boards. Didn't work tonight.

Reaction Score
Really bad loss for the AAC - not so much that they lost, but that they were hardly competitive. Fortunately, Cincy has an opportunity to make it up to us by beating Pittsburgh at home next week.

Reaction Score
Cincy needs to recruit some guards that can score, they don't really have any great ones coming in either and they're losing Kilpatrick after this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That was ugly. I wouldn't say Xavier is awful, but they are probably just a bubble team and they blew Cincinnati's doors off. I hope it is just rivalry mathematics as another poster said, although Cincinnati didn't impress against New Mexico either. I agree that the AAC is probably a 3 bid league this year. Temple or Cincinnati could work themselves back in the conversation with big OOC wins (Temple vs. Villanova, Cincinnati vs. Pittsburgh), otherwise they need to win 2 against the AAC big 3.

That lane violation against Texas is probably going to be very painful for Fran Dunphy come March.

Reaction Score
Really bad loss for the AAC - not so much that they lost, but that they were hardly competitive. Fortunately, Cincy has an opportunity to make it up to us by beating Pittsburgh at home next week.
Please explain how they are going to do that.

Reaction Score
This is how it's going to go in this conference. After the departure of Louisville, this is going to be a 3- or maybe 4-bid league. A team like Cincy, who is typically middle of the pack in a major conference and on the bubble, is one of the "marquee" teams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is how it's going to go in this conference. After the departure of Louisville, this is going to be a 3- or maybe 4-bid league. A team like Cincy, who is typically middle of the pack in a major conference and on the bubble, is one of the "marquee" teams.

And it's also why UCONN somehow, someway, must get out of this conference. I don't know what that looks like, but dammit it's gotta happen.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
And it's also why UCONN somehow, someway, must get out of this conference. I don't know what that looks like, but dammit it's gotta happen.

You could always go to....uh....um....err...welcome to the AAC!

we currently have 3 ranked AAC teams...Cincy and Temple are having down seasons...next season I fully expect UConn, Memphis, Cincy, Temple, and SMU to challenge for the AAC crown.

A 3-4 NCAA bid conference is paradise compared to CUSA.

Reaction Score
A 3-4 NCAA bid conference is paradise compared to CUSA.

And that's the fundamental difference between us. We're used to a conference that regularly got 8-9 teams out of 16 into the Tournament, and once topped out at 11.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
And that's the fundamental difference between us. We're used to a conference that regularly got 8-9 teams out of 16 into the Tournament, and once topped out at 11.

Which is why the BE was considered the best basketball conference...ANYTHING would be a step down from that...I'm just here reminding you most folks look at the AAC and consider it a very good basketball conference.

Suffering in basketball hell makes you appreciate what you have...

Reaction Score
Which is why the BE was considered the best basketball conference...ANYTHING would be a step down from that...I'm just here reminding you most folks look at the AAC and consider it a very good basketball conference.

Suffering in basketball hell makes you appreciate what you have...
Don't take it personally, we feel rejected, ignored and isolated. You got to give us time, grieving is a long process. And acceptance takes a little longer.

Reaction Score
Instead of whining about the state of the AAC... how about we man up and start making this conference stronger? Do you think complaining and thrashing the conference every day will make top recruits want to play in this conference? what message does that send to the recruits, potential fans, and everyone else involved in the College basketball world?... Start getting used to it, build the rivalries, and build the hype because we don't know how long Connecticut is going to be in the AAC, it may well be for a looong while. Might as well make it a good stay

Reaction Score
^ making the best of it is routing for the other teams in the AAC. Ask for anymore of then that and I agree we as UCONN fans will need more time. Even better - find a new home in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom