Cincy Basketball?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cincy Basketball??

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They kind of lucked out with the transfer rule and deep market. Theoretically they could end up with a better team. They sucked last year. If they can keep a few solid players who want to be coached hard and find some talent they can compete in that garbage conference they’re in.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Fire This Is Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
but where would they go? cusa? the a10? none are getting p5 invites that's exactly why we finally bit the bullet and joined the BE. and they arent welcome here either!
Eason will likely end up at Washington. Rumor out here in Seattle is he’s homesick and UW can use any bit of help they can get

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The no wait rule is going to backfire badly on the players. Coaches are going to run players off after a bad weekend. I think it will be the worst at the mid-majors. They can attract major conference bench players looking for playing time and low major players looking for an upgrade in competition, so if someone is unhappy, just run them off and find another kid.

I think some leagues like the AAC, MAC and most of the WCC will become revolving doors. There is going to be a massive pay-for-play scandal within 5 years. This system is just asking for abuse.

Reaction Score
The no wait rule is going to backfire badly on the players. Coaches are going to run players off after a bad weekend. I think it will be the worst at the mid-majors. They can attract major conference bench players looking for playing time and low major players looking for an upgrade in competition, so if someone is unhappy, just run them off and find another kid.

I think some leagues like the AAC, MAC and most of the WCC will become revolving doors. There is going to be a massive pay-for-play scandal within 5 years. This system is just asking for abuse.
Giving players more control over their careers is not bad for players.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Giving players more control over their careers is not bad for players.

You are not giving players more control. You are giving coaches more control because it is easier for them to find replacements if they want to run someone off. You are also begging for some under the table form of free agency to occur.

Reaction Score
You are not giving players more control. You are giving coaches more control because it is easier for them to find replacements if they want to run someone off. You are also begging for some under the table form of free agency to occur.
Agree with Nelson. Coaches are going to become effectively GMs. It will be just as bad at P5 schools, I believe. Every star at a Seton Hall will be hunted to move to Virginia and guys at UVA who aren’t contributing will be forced out. This was a solution in search of a problem. I suspect you might be right about a pay for play scandal. The other option might be essentially a free agent market every May/June. That’s almost what happens now. Just formalize it. And to those who think this gives players more control, go back and look who was pushing it. The coaches weren’t pushing this idea because they wanted to give the players “ control”. If you believe that, call me about this great bridge I’m selling.

Reaction Score
So the UC admin hasn't communicated with Brannen in 2.5 weeks while trying to get him on something that would void his contract, which ultimately failed. Awkward!
Which in turn is preventing him from doing his job, resulting in likely continued decline of the program which Cincy will need to accept or terminate based off poor performance they assisted him in, likely paying his salary

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom