Cincy Basketball?? | The Boneyard

Cincy Basketball??

Reaction Score
I like to pay as little attention to the Am***can A***etic Conf***nce as possible. But what the hell is going on with John Brannen in Cincy??

They have nine (9) available scholarships for next year and ZERO commits, with 3-4 players enter the transfer portal today and most likely more to come. They must really not like the guy. I don’t know how they are going to fill an entire roster by next year.

Reaction Score
Cumberland didn't like playing for him either

EqxSxeJWMAM16Gq

Reaction Score
aac is gonna be a glorified JUCO conference going forward. underrated players will commit and then transfer to a p6 program after a year or two thanks to the 1 time redshirt waiver rule. hope to benefit from that for years to come.

Reaction Score
aac is gonna be a glorified JUCO conference going forward. underrated players will commit and then transfer to a p6 program after a year or two thanks to the 1 time redshirt waiver rule. hope to benefit from that for years to come.
I don’t feel bad for any of the schools in the conference, but at the same time I look at every school and just know they would be a better fit somewhere else.

I wonder if any of them are going to make like UConn and get out, or if they are just going to be complacent there until the conference eventually dismantles.

That said, some of their fans legitimately think that UConn leaving made the conference stronger, so yeah no feelings of empathy from me.

Reaction Score
4th transfer of the day:

Holy $#!?. That’s now ten (10) available scholarships for next year and zero commits.

Edit: I read somewhere it was 10 but now i’m seeing it’s 7, so I don’t know which one is correct. But either way.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if any of them are going to make like UConn and get out, or if they are just going to be complacent there until the conference eventually dismantles.
but where would they go? cusa? the a10? none are getting p5 invites that's exactly why we finally bit the bullet and joined the BE. and they arent welcome here either!

Reaction Score
Jarron Cumberland, this you?

Just sayin....this is 1 million times worse than the Roscoe Smith heave.

cumberland should be one of the most hated players in cinci history after that. (Can’t forget Jalen Adams of course)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

How would that work? Would all the players just go to the P6 programs? Would UConn end up with 25 players?

Reaction Score
but where would they go? cusa? the a10? none are getting p5 invites that's exactly why we finally bit the bullet and joined the BE.
Ideally,

I think Houston would want to be in the Big 12 and Memphis in the SEC, but you’re right, I don’t think either would get invites. I also like Temple to the A10, but would be a problem with football and the A10 is pretty crowded already. Wichita was a better fit in the MVC. UCF has a good enough football program to (maybe) get some p5 interest, but unlikely.

You are 100% correct. There isn’t really anywhere for these schools to go. It seems like they are stuck. I just think on paper they would fit better elsewhere.

Reaction Score
How would that work? Would all the players just go to the P6 programs? Would UConn end up with 25 players?
i'm not sure i understand the question. it would work like it always has with transfer players. they take up a scholly but going forward they wont have to redshirt after their first transfer thereby leaving no downside to transferring. the 13 scholly limit applies again starting in the 22-23 season. only returning seniors dont count against the limit for the 21-22 season.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
They lost to Houston by 37 in the AAC championship. How is that even possible? I had them getting 14 - thought that was too many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom