Cinci's AD hire help with move to big 12? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cinci's AD hire help with move to big 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Look, neither you nor I know whether or not WM interviewed for this job. Sure he didn't interview face-to-face....but I do believe he has an agent...and did his agent talk about his interest...we will never know...Bu reports went out that he showed interest and I believe as in my opinion that he was interested. UConn is on the outside! Randy Edsall was looking every year, GT, and other opportunities, he got to UM and so many people were surprised, but I wasn't....I was surprised only by the manner in which he left. But certainly my grudges to Randy Edsall ended with the start of PP's second season. So WM is looking and his now toting the party line...Why??? Because this is what he has to sell. Follow the money and opinion will fade and the facts will show themselves. We as fans will have to make the best of UConn's situation. My suggestion be creative! And pick a school in the P5...as a fan, I see our coaches doing this, I see the AD doing this. So why not a fan ---edit sarcasm!!!
I have to agree with you on WM's job search. He may not have interviewed in person, but through an agent. He was on the short list for that job. He may have turned it down, that we cannot be sure of, but he was in the running. However, that "monitoring the situation" and "been done with conference realignment" speech was just awful and a sign of weakness. I believe that there is no doubt Cinci will be the next school on the P5 bus, likely B12.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with you on WM's job search. He may not have interviewed in person, but through an agent. He was on the short list for that job. He may have turned it down, that we cannot be sure of, but he was in the running. However, that "monitoring the situation" and "been done with conference realignment" speech was just awful and a sign of weakness. I believe that there is no doubt Cinci will be the next school on the P5 bus, likely B12.
Cinci just signed away any shot at the B12 by hiring an incompetent hack as their AD (not only that, an incompetent hack who has burned some bridges in the B12).

Also, aside from having no proof to back up your claims about Warde, I think the first part of your post is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom