Cincinnati @ UConn | The Boneyard

Cincinnati @ UConn

Reaction Score
Hello UConn faithful, it’s that time of year once again. The Bearcats of Cincinnati will make the trek to Hartford to take on the Huskies of Connecticut. Our programs have been somewhat down in recent years so it’ll be extremely refreshing to finally play a game where it means something. The Bearcats come in 4-0 and UConn has been playing really good ball and have a chance to be a real factor in the AAC race. I haven’t seen a ton of Husky Football this year but the one thing that I’ve been really impressed with in the little I’ve seen is UConn’s defense. Edsall is a defensive guy so I’m not shocked but I guess I’m a little surprised that he’s got that unit playing at such a high level so soon. UConn has done a really nice job at limiting big plays and they simply don’t miss tackles. Definitely something I’m concerned with Saturday. I wasn’t sure how it would shake out when Edsall returned to Hartford but early returns would indicate that UConn is going to be a serious factor soon, not just in AAC play but nationally. Good for the conference. I’d say Edsall is the early favorite for AAC coach of the year. As for my Bearcats, we’re 4-0 but have the 3rd youngest team in the nation with only 15 seniors. Cincy will play lots of true freshmen and have underclassmen everyehere except on the offensive and defensive line. I know the Rent is incredibly loud and one of the most hostile environments in the country as you guys do a great job of packing the place each and every week so I’m hoping our guys won’t be too intimidated by the home field advantage. I expect a ridiculously hard fought game where one or two plays could be the difference. Good luck fellas, we’ll see what happens.

Prediction: Cincinnati 48 UConn 20

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
“UConn has been playing really good ball and have a chance to be a factor in the AAC Race”

Lmao man you pretty much just admitted you haven’t watched us at all.

Reaction Score
Hello UConn faithful, it’s that time of year once again. The Bearcats of Cincinnati will make the trek to Hartford to take on the Huskies of Connecticut. Our programs have been somewhat down in recent years so it’ll be extremely refreshing to finally play a game where it means something. The Bearcats come in 4-0 and UConn has been playing really good ball and have a chance to be a real factor in the AAC race. I haven’t seen a ton of Husky Football this year but the one thing that I’ve been really impressed with in the little I’ve seen is UConn’s defense. Edsall is a defensive guy so I’m not shocked but I guess I’m a little surprised that he’s got that unit playing at such a high level so soon. UConn has done a really nice job at limiting big plays and they simply don’t miss tackles. Definitely something I’m concerned with Saturday. I wasn’t sure how it would shake out when Edsall returned to Hartford but early returns would indicate that UConn is going to be a serious factor soon, not just in AAC play but nationally. Good for the conference. I’d say Edsall is the early favorite for AAC coach of the year. As for my Bearcats, we’re 4-0 but have the 3rd youngest team in the nation with only 15 seniors. Cincy will play lots of true freshmen and have underclassmen everyehere except on the offensive and defensive line. I know the Rent is incredibly loud and one of the most hostile environments in the country as you guys do a great job of packing the place each and every week so I’m hoping our guys won’t be too intimidated by the home field advantage. I expect a ridiculously hard fought game where one or two plays could be the difference. Good luck fellas, we’ll see what happens.

It reeks of sarcastic tone.... Still think it will be closer than that.... Your teams offense is not near as good as none of the teams we played, that also includes URI... so i give our defense a fighting chance this time around with two young teams fighting it out....

Cinci has senior at the most important position, defensive line and offensive line.... I give edge to Cinci

Predict: cinci 30 Uconn 24

Reaction Score

Hopefully, your unbiased opinion will be true in a couple of years. Except for the score of course.

Reaction Score
So you are predicting that the Bearcats will score one point less than Rhode Island and three points less than Syracuse against UConn? Interesting.

Guess we will see how many UConn scores. But if I had to guess I would go with 50% more than against Syracuse. So using your prediction for Cincinnati scoring, that would put it at 48-32 Cincinnati. The line is 17, so that seems reasonable. But I am thinking more like 38-31 Cincinnati. Could actually flip based on UConn's SoS to date.

Reaction Score

Honestly, you have too much time on your hands.........get a hobby...........or a job...........

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
First, it's quite refreshing to welcome such knowledgable and passionate fans and first time posters of the AAC to the 'Yard. Welcome @AACRISING!

Second, I applaud your outstanding analysis. You're not that far off. Our defense is stout; this matchup between the AAC's two toughest defenses should be quite entertaining! First day NFL draft picks littered across both rosters for sure. Dare I say that our D is more stout than it was in 2016 when Bob Diaco's Iron Dog-sled defense dominated the uptempo and high powered '16 Bearcat offense which was, if I'm not mistaken, ranked #1 in the country at the time. And while I'm a little hazy on where Cincinnati's offense ranked in 2016, I do remember clear-as-day the Bearcat offense having so many issues communicating through the deafening noise at the Rent that year! To be honest, the environment was so hostile (and Bob Diaco such a good coach!) that I was kinda surprised Cincinnati was able to muster up 9 whole points that game. Was a helluva valiant effort by Cincinnati and one that I expect will be duplicated this Saturday. If there's one thing I can count on it's that Cincinnati sports ALWAYS come through in the biggest of games.

No question that the Rent has its hands full in trying to duplicate the deafening home field advantage that Nippert provides on a weekly basis! Hopefully the thousands upon thousands of Cinci fans that flock to E Hartford each time the Bearcats visit will be able to bring some of that Nippert energy that is far too intimidating for visiting players to play in! I was there last year when we played for the AAC Championship and, let me tell you, I don't think I've ever witnessed quite a home field advantage like I did at Nippert that afternoon. The stands were completely packed, as they always are there, and the fans were engaged for a full 60 minutes. I was surprised we almost still pulled out a W to be honest. I don't remember a road game that intimidating since our game at Michigan.

To be fair, whoever wins this game on Saturday will probably be in very good shape to get into the CFB Playoff. And I know that both of our schools are very well familiar with postseason successes across all sports. That's what makes Cincinnati and UConn so similar - our abilities to rise up in the most pressure packed games! Both of our schools completely dominated our BCS bowl games and both of our schools have enjoyed multiple basketball national championships in the past few decades. The AAC is certainly rising, mostly because of schools' ability to win when it counts and enhancing our beloved conference's reputation of being able to play against anybody in the country when it matters most! So, win or lose, I expect the same Cincinnati type effort in the biggest games to shine through. Our boys will be ready and our fans will certainly storm the field if we are so fortunate to knock you guys off!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
First, it's quite refreshing to welcome such knowledgable and passionate fans and first time posters of the AAC to the 'Yard. Welcome @AACRISING!

Second, I applaud your outstanding analysis. You're not that far off. Our defense is stout; this matchup between the AAC's two toughest defenses should be quite entertaining! First day NFL draft picks littered across both rosters for sure. Dare I say that our D is more stout than it was in 2016 when Bob Diaco's Iron Dog-sled defense dominated the uptempo and high powered '16 Bearcat offense which was, if I'm not mistaken, ranked #1 in the country at the time. And while I'm a little hazy on where Cincinnati's offense ranked in 2016, I do remember clear-as-day the Bearcat offense having so many issues communicating through the deafening noise at the Rent that year! To be honest, the environment was so hostile (and Bob Diaco such a good coach!) that I was kinda surprised Cincinnati was able to muster up 9 whole points that game. Was a helluva valiant effort by Cincinnati and one that I expect will be duplicated this Saturday. If there's one thing I can count on it's that Cincinnati sports ALWAYS come through in the biggest of games.

No question that the Rent has its hands full in trying to duplicate the deafening home field advantage that Nippert provides on a weekly basis! Hopefully the thousands upon thousands of Cinci fans that flock to E Hartford each time the Bearcats visit will be able to bring some of that Nippert energy that is far too intimidating for visiting players to play in! I was there last year when we played for the AAC Championship and, let me tell you, I don't think I've ever witnessed quite a home field advantage like I did at Nippert that afternoon. The stands were completely packed, as they always are there, and the fans were engaged for a full 60 minutes. I was surprised we almost still pulled out a W to be honest. I don't remember a road game that intimidating since our game at Michigan.

To be fair, whoever wins this game on Saturday will probably be in very good shape to get into the CFB Playoff. And I know that both of our schools are very well familiar with postseason successes across all sports. That's what makes Cincinnati and UConn so similar - our abilities to rise up in the most pressure packed games! Both of our schools completely dominated our BCS bowl games and both of our schools have enjoyed multiple basketball national championships in the past few decades. The AAC is certainly rising, mostly because of schools' ability to win when it counts and enhancing our beloved conference's reputation of being able to play against anybody in the country when it matters most! So, win or lose, I expect the same Cincinnati type effort in the biggest games to shine through. Our boys will be ready and our fans will certainly storm the field if we are so fortunate to knock you guys off!
Bravo sir!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So what is a bearcat anyway?

bearcat-nationality-option-2-illustration.jpg

I bet you now wish you hadn't asked.

Reaction Score
Cini (4-0)
-UCLA (0-3)
-Miami OH (1-3)
-AAMU (1-4) *SWAC team
-Ohio (1-2)

Opponents record: 3-12

UConn (1-3)
-UCF (4-0)
- Boise State (2-1)
- URI (3-1)
- Syracuse (4-0)

Opponents record: 13-2

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I still think UConn can win. Stopping the pass has been UConn kryptonite not the run, well mostly that is.

If the offense can keep the turnovers to none and the defense take a couple away then UConn can and will win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom